Los paises mas corruptos del mundo

As an Argentine I admit we are always way too quick to blame others for our problems. Whereas I think the CIA is a nasty organisation responsible for the killing of thousands if not millions of people and most of the developed countries have terrible double standards, I think most of our problems have been created by ourselves.
The dictatorship was not a natural disaster, something that fell from the sky. Most Argentines celebrated when the military took power. The military was acclaimed by almost everyone (except the leftist guerrilla). Why? People were tired of the bombings, kidnappings, killings and above all the inaction of the government.
And I am afraid the acceptance of another military government is today higher than it was in the last 30 years...this government is just crap and does nothing to protect its citizens. The chaos has invaded all, the institutions don't exist, the Parliament is a puppet, the oposition doesn't come with anything solid enough. The big difference with the earlies 70's is that there are not bombings and killings yet. Let's wait to see if Moyano, D'Elia and all those parasites start fighting each other.
The economic problems were (are) also our mistake. It may be that the odd crisis was caused by speculation à la Greece, but even when we have beautiful oportunities like 2-3 years ago when the commodity prices rocketed, the government is just too stupid to do much good. The KKs see a danger where there is an opportunity. Why someone would try to destroy the industry responsible for the economic bonanza? It's beyond my understanding.
I know that the KKs are not able to do anything right, so I am patienly awaiting their end next year. The biggest problem I see is the lack of an alternative and how the leaders of the opposition keep fighting each other instead of uniting and fight to reconstruct the country.
Again, we are to blame for it.

Interesting post Lucas. These American imperialists are damn effective. Overthrow a government with the help of the CIA. Have your puppet dictators incur debt to the U.S. Then with the help of propaganda, through control of the media; have the whole population blame themselves for being robbed. It's a crazy world we live in.

Yep, you can see by the answers of some of the locals they response is similar as the victims of rape they blame themselves but the perpetrators, typical case of denying the facts refusing to accept the truth and bury their heads in the sand, that is why this country continues in the doldrums for so many decades and probably will continue like that until enlightening finally reach them, by then it may be too late.

Any evidence that this John Perkins actually worked for the IMF? I can't find much stuff about it.

Those mythical "American imperialists" would be just as active in Brazil, Peru, and Chile, yet all three countries are booming.

I once read that there were two kinds of Russian "experts": people who had visited Russia for a month or people who lived there for fifty years. That seems to hold true here, too.

From what I've seen on this board, many expats live here as tourists, barely scratching the surface of the country. They mostly stay put and have limited contact with the locals, so their views are often shallow and stereotyped.

So, probably the locals have a deeper understanding of Argentina's problems than expats living in Las Cañitas.

SaraSara said:
I once read that there were two kinds of Russian "experts": people who had visited Russia for a month or people who lived there for fifty years. That seems to hold true here, too.

From what I've seen on this board, many expats live here as tourists, barely scratching the surface of the country. They mostly stay put and have limited contact with the locals, so their views are often shallow and stereotyped.

So, probably the locals have a deeper understanding of Argentina's problems than expats living in Las Cañitas.

You make it sound like all locals think that it's their own fault. Many, if not the majority, I would say blame the U.S, not themselves.

orwellian said:
You make it sound like all locals think that it's their own fault. Many, if not the majority, I would say blame the U.S, not themselves.

Amazingly, I agree.

There are many here who blame the US for Argentina's problems - the Kirchners first and foremost. It's a great cover for their ineptness and greed: "See, it's not us, it's all the fault of the Evil US and those monstrous Multinationals oppressing Poor Argentina....!" So, the masses have been brainwashed into blaming the US for everything, even ingrown toenails.

It is much easier to blame someone else for one's problems than to do something to solve them. In the US that is known as the Massa mentality, a custom of blaming the plantation owner for everything. It conveniently absolves people from any responsibility.

Educated people know that is not so. Foreign powers need the OK of the local government to "take advantage" of us. It is our own fault if we elect people corrupt or ignorant enough to allow it.

mujer%2Ben%2Bburbuja.jpg

Back