Los paises mas corruptos del mundo

Orwelian,

I sense a little naivete in your posts.

Do you understand what you are trying to discuss and with who ? These are house wives and grandmothers here. Are you seriously trying to have an in depth historical discussion on CIA covert involvement in Central America over the past 50 years with them ? Seriously ?

It's like trying to teach string theory to a bunch of kindergarteners. And you my friend are no Michio Kaku.

I would say more but this is a Buenos Aires expat " illegal immigrant " forum. This is not the place where I would discuss these types of things because no one here has the knowledge base to follow.

Let people believe what they want, they are much happier that way.

Let's move on from this topic and speak about more superficial things.

orwellian said:
I NEVER SAID THAT. Jesus, what's wrong with you people? I said that THEY TRAINED THEM in interrogation methods.Then what I did say was that from witness reports you can assume, come to the conclusion that they participated in the torture and killing. And with time, it will most likely be considered a historical fact. If it isn't already.
Witness reports are not opinions. It's evidence that can help demonstrate a fact.

I don't doubt the witness report in that I don't doubt that happened to her.
It's part of the evidence (for a trail let's say). But it's not proof that the "person with an American accent" was part of the CIA or the US gov't. Like I said, it may well be true. But her witness account isn't proof of fact.

So, when you say "you can assume they participated", sure, we can -assume- if we want. But it's just that; an assumption. Not a fact.

AlexfromLA said:
Orwelian,

Do you understand what you are trying to discuss and with who ? These are house wives and grandmothers here. Are you seriously trying to have an in depth historical discussion on CIA covert involvement in Central American over the past 50 years with them ? Seriously ?

It's like trying to teach string theory to a bunch of kindergarteners. And you my friend are no Michio Kaku.

I would say more but this is a Buenos Aires expat " illegal immigrant " forum. This is not the place where I would discuss these types of things because no one here has the knowledge base to follow.

Dude, I'm neither a housewife nor a grandmother nor an illegal immigrant.

Anyway, my issue isn't with what the CIA did or didn't do. My issue is with stating opinions and assumptions as facts.

Now having said that I do agree with you that this is not the place to discuss these issues. They are too complex for sound bites and will degenerate to name calling....

Mini you are the one who name calls the most on these threads with a lack of knowledge of the world that is seriously childlike. Your comments on abortion and your support showed that and your comments about the poor when its the wealthy who abort more as all statistics prove .

I suggest you read Mini it will do you some good.

Orewllian, If you are too naive to know how to respond to this:

AlexfromLA said:
Orwelian,

I sense a little naivete in your posts...and you my friend are no Michio Kaku.

I suggest you refer to this:

AlexfromLA said:
You don't have to make personal comments about me to discuss a topic...I will only reply in kind which will escalate into a flame war this forum doesn't need. So stop yourself now before things get out of hand.

cabrera said:
Mini you are the one who names calls the most on these threads with a lack of knowledge of the world that is seriously childlike. Your comments on abortion and your support showed that and your comments about the poor when its the wealthy who abort more as all statistics prove .

I suggest you read Mini it will do you some good.

I name call most??? Yeah right. Nice one.

And this is coming from someone who posts "proof" from sites you didn't even read or don't supply any at all.

This thread is not about abortion. If you want to talk about that subject go back to the relevant thread. Anyway in that thread I posted my opinion that contraceptives should be free. I didn't post facts like you unsubstantiated facts. Not to mention your last reply to me in that thread shows you have a reading comprehension problem.

AlexfromLA said:
Orwelian,

Do you understand what you are trying to discuss and with who ? These are house wives and grandmothers here. Are you seriously trying to have an in depth historical discussion on CIA covert involvement in Central America over the past 50 years with them ? Seriously ?

Alex: I am neither a housewife nor a grandmother nor an illegal immigrant. But I would happy to discuss string theory with you. My guess is that we would be 3 minutes into the conversation before your eyes glazed over and you began drooling on yourself.

I highly doubt that. From the tenor of your posts I can tell you are quite uneducated.

But you keep believing what makes you happy champ.

AlexfromLA said:
I highly doubt that. From the tenure of your posts I can tell you are quite uneducated.

But you keep believing what makes you happy champ.
I will match degrees with you all day long. .....................on second thought, why bother? Champ.

Back