Macbook Pro parts

Vah

Registered
Hey guys I got to BA this morning and loving it already.

Do any of you know wher I can get a cheap charger and new battery for my Macbook pro?

Have been to the Mac online shop and they´re more expensiva than back home.....

Any advice?

Cheers

You can try mercadolibre but no guarantees on what you will find.

Everything computer related is going to be expensive.

I needed a new charger for my macbook. It's $79 USD in the US. They wanted 675 pesos for the same thing here. Just the way it is - with the import taxes, you're going to pay A LOT more.

I jumped in a pool in Mendoza with my iPod Nano in my pocket. I could still read from the hard drive but the screen was dead. When I returned to BA I went to buy another one in the Mac shop in Palermo Alto. The price was a hefty 1.400 pesos but I still came up with the cash as I use it almost daily when running. I've learned my lesson now and will bring all small electronics from Europe in the future ...

There is an APPLE shop in the ALTO PALERMO shopping, Coronel Diaz & Santa Fe Av. Good luck

Hi,

Can I ask you, do you still have the old charger with you? I gather you either forgot / lost it or you have the old one that stopped working.

If you have the old one then I can confirm that they can usually be repaired, I fix them often. But it's most likely that you just don't have one with you, in which case I would say you will probably pay somewhere between US$100 to $175 here. I usually buy from mercadolibre.com.ar or from galleria Jardin on Florida

Here's an example of what's available but I don't know if these particular power adapters will match your specific model. I have no links to the following sellers, so please be aware that I cannot vouch for their reliability or credibility, this is just meant as an example.

This one sells for around US$130 & the seller is located in Palermo.
http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar...r-220-apple-macbook-60w-originales-nuevos-_JM

This one sells for US$100 & is located in Belgrano.
http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-72583913-cargador-ac-para-macbook-165-v-blanco-notredame-_JM

Make sure it's the same voltage & amps that your old one had. The usual procedure to buy from mercadolibre is, first email the seller & ask if they have one in stock and if you could personally pick up from their shop. 2nd question is where are they roughly located (they are not allowed to give up an exact address till you have bought through the mercadolibre online system first). Chances are that they have a computer outlet somewhere near the Micro centro (somewhere near florida mall) where you can walk in -test- then pay & pickup.

So, essentially you click & buy online, then go to their shop with the added bonus of being able to hit them with the 'Neg' Stick (Negative Feedback) if they misbehave. I find they are a far better at their service & more motivated to help you than just walking in off the street.

Or you could try your luck at the biggest retail computer sales complex in BA called Galleria Jardin, on Florida near La Valle -right in front of MacDonald's.
With regards to just walking into shops & buying things my advice is- never say "I'm looking for XYZ computer part"...instead say "how much are you selling these for".. Keep it short & serious, then walk out & keep asking until you get the best price.

Most importantly, just before you do buy in any place here in BA, always get a clear clarification of what their return policy is...how much time do you have to return & exchange the product if there's something wrong with it. It may be 2x days, two weeks etc...make sure you know before paying!

And hopefully you know just enough Spanish to be able to communicate with them, or just get someone to help you. Some sellers are able to speak some very rough English.

That's my 2c worth, hope it helps.

Best of luck.

Ricardo.

Vah said:
Hey guys I got to BA this morning and loving it already.

Do any of you know wher I can get a cheap charger and new battery for my Macbook pro?

Have been to the Mac online shop and they´re more expensiva than back home.....

Any advice?

Cheers

Back