Macri: The 11 Of December There Will Be One Dollar

Unless Macri and his team make life for Vanoli very uncomfortable and he does the honourable thing and resigns.
However, I believe his chat with Cristina in Olivos tonight will involve a certain amount of horse trading. Vanoli and Carbo amongst others will surely be part of the conversation.
Quite how it plays out tonight is anyone's guess. It's also worth noting that she specifically asked that Mr Macri go alone.

If Vanoli is given to understand that he might avoid substantial legal unpleasantness if he leaves without a fuss, that may work.

In fact, using the legal system and past misdeeds as a cudgel - get out of my way and I won't delve too deeply into the past - is one of few strategies I see available to Macri to get the loyal opposition in line.

I was reading something last about Vanoli talking about resigning. I can't remember what the terms were though.

If Vanoli is given to understand that he might avoid substantial legal unpleasantness if he leaves without a fuss, that may work.

In fact, using the legal system and past misdeeds as a cudgel - get out of my way and I won't delve too deeply into the past - is one of few strategies I see available to Macri to get the loyal opposition in line.

I'm sorry, but this is a disgusting line of thinking.

If Vanoli is guilty of any crimes he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. If he is not guilty of any crimes, he should not be blackmailed with his job.

I kind of thought the idea was to turn over a new leaf in Argentina and ditch the party-based favouritism and enforce the rule of law. Your post is the exact opposite.

But Ed, the point here is exactly what you yourself have just pointed out...party-based favouritism by the outgoing administration.
Over the last few weeks the government has created new posts for jobs that don't exist (ñoquis), given the wife of Zanini's assistant a top job in the treasury......the list is endless.
Is this the way most outgoing administrations handle a transition?
Clearly, the more Kirchnerite/La Campora favourites, including wives or husbands of those whose jobs end next month, are placed in key ministries, the more difficult it will be for the new government to work efficiently.
It's all very well becoming indignant over Vanoli and whether he's a bad boy or not, but it's worth keeping an eye on the ball as to what cronyism Cristina is really up to in the background.

If macri doesn't clean augeas stable, he doesn't have any chance to do anything worth doing. Getting dirty is part of the job..

Back