Macri's Amnesia

nyer4ever

Registered
https://projects.icij.org/panama-papers/power-players/?lang=es#

Can't stand him...never could. Not surprised he was hiding money while unemployment has skyrocketed in his first 6 months. Now I know why he and The Donald are friends.

Oops...this link has already been posted in Articles. Excuse the duplicate.

remember this is the same group Cristina and Baez used to funnel state money into their pockets.

Daniel Munoz
https://panamapapers.icij.org/the_power_players/?lang=en&autoheight=true#31

Néstor Grindetti
https://panamapapers.icij.org/the_power_players/?lang=en&autoheight=true#48

Both linked too.

Hopefully La Nacion (being the Argentine partner in this) can find some more, unfortunately i don't think all the documents will ever be released completely to the public.

Yea I mean it is certainly possible some big damning revelations come out about Macri. I just haven't seen any actual evidence to suggest that. It seems like so far people have just heard the word off-shore and the fact that some bad people also have off-shore companies (which they have used for illicit dealings), and just decided that everyone who had their name mentioned is guilty of whatever crimes they can imagine. I don't want to come off as defending anyone here, just waiting for actual evidence of malfeasance on the part of Macri.

just waiting for actual evidence of malfeasance on the part of Macri.

I'm very naive I suppose. I think that if you're President of a country you shouldn't incorporate a business in a tax haven, the Bahamas and maintain an account in Panama, also tax haven, while your country needs people to start paying their taxes and invest in this country. Macri has almost 2 million in a US bank, fix the Argentine banks! You want foreign investment but you won't keep your money in your country?

Of course he's not the only person to do this but when you become a politician the rules change.

I'm very naive I suppose. I think that if you're President of a country you shouldn't incorporate a business in a tax haven, the Bahamas and maintain an account in Panama, also tax haven, while your country needs people to start paying their taxes and invest in this country. Macri has almost 2 million in a US bank, fix the Argentine banks! You want foreign investment but you won't keep your money in your country?

Of course he's not the only person to do this but when you become a politician the rules change.

If you want president of Argentina without money and investments outside, you have to get someone poor in the power. All the rest already have them. Problem is, that later also the new guy will have them. It's like world works...

What has to be disclosed is if all taxes were paid and if money is clean. Avoiding taxes by legal way is your right. Actually in a way we are all doing it,richer just more and they have more options and more to gain.

Avoiding taxes by legal way is your right. Actually in a way we are all doing it,richer just more and they have more options and more to gain.

Famous quote: "When we pay our taxes we don't leave a tip".

The suggestion that Macri was listed as a director of his father's business as a formality is certainly plausible. And as just about everyone has commented, if Macri wasn't receiving dividends or other revenue he did not need to declare this.

This episode has basically served as a Roscharch test. Whoever considers Macri bad (or "just another Argentine politician") jumped to conclusions immediately when the name Macri was first heard. Anybody partial to Macri defends him. And while his own explanation sound plausible enough, and delivered in the manner of a man who is not hiding anything, we lack information to know conclusively.

If you want president of Argentina without money and investments outside, you have to get someone poor in the power. All the rest already have them. Problem is, that later also the new guy will have them. It's like world works...

What has to be disclosed is if all taxes were paid and if money is clean. Avoiding taxes by legal way is your right. Actually in a way we are all doing it,richer just more and they have more options and more to gain.

A 'Mujica' couldnt happen in Argentina?

Back