Macys international online

garygrunson

Registered
You can now buy whatever you want on Macys.com and have it shipped here to Argentina. They add the duty or taxes and guarantee that there will not be any further charges upon delivery.

While you will need to pay HUGE tax and shipping charges, you CAN now order online and have it delivered here. So if you need something and have tons of money you CAN get it here.

I will not be ordering anytime soon, but it is nice to know that I could, and I don't have to pick it up at airport and fight with customs.

Progress in baby steps....maybe.

:)

I don't really see how this is anything new. I can do this with many online retailers. It's useless because I still have to pay 100% import tax on every item. Please explain how this is progress ?

Well you could not do it before, so progress. Macys taking charge of the import process and guarantee the price. Not many others do the same. Not much progress, I admit, but I can dream.

But will we still have to traipse to Ezeiza to have it released, or is it guaranteed to be delivered to the door?

According to their website, if you prepay the duties and taxes, it will be delivered, that is one reason I thought it was interesting...however I do know things here are NOT always as they should be, but they guarantee the price and delivery. I guess the worst case is you get a refund, instead of your package.

I could see this being good for buying some Egyptian cotton sheets, for example, and even if you pay the taxes and shipping, the price would be about the same price as sheets here, but the quality would be MUCH better.

I will try and test it out, we shall see....

I saw the same thing for Sears. I find it too suspect to risk it . Although I really need some things baaad enough to go for it when that moment of desperation gets unbearable.
I nearly lost my mind at a Hilti salesman today . Called back casually asking "how i was doing" I put in the request for a callback over a week ago .
I went a bit postal on the guy. and DID NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES allow him to voice his excuse.

Be afraid.

Be very afraid.

anybody expecting to have things shipped here, regardles of whatever paperwork, is going to be in for a rude shock.

I've actually had very good luck (knock on wood) as long as I first get the package shipped to my parents, and then they ship it to an office. I have never had a very large package sent, though. Never anything larger than a 13" x 17" bubble envelope. Never had to go to Retiro. Always sent through USPS. United States Postal Service - NOT UPS. May the luck continue.

What they say and what happens in reality are two entirely different things. be very aware.

Back