Maduro Wins Venezuela's Election With 51% Of Votes

I too believe a country gets the government it deserves (as a whole) but lets not forget the 49ish% of Venezuelans that truly want to progress & want change and didnt vote for Maduro. And a 6 year term. Wowee.

Joder, machos. Leáis esssso.

http://www.abc.es/internacional/20130415/abci-degradacion-venezuela-201304141845.html

On the exceedingly slim chance that Capriles could win a recount, the Chavistas would make it impossible for him to govern. Rather like the Republicans do in the US or the Peronistas in Argentina.

On the exceedingly slim chance that Capriles could win a recount, the Chavistas would make it impossible for him to govern. Rather like the Republicans do in the US or the Peronistas in Argentina.

Perhaps with 49 % of the electorate could get enough seats in Congress

I'm somewhat skeptical that Maduro actually won. Somehow, it seems extremely suspicious that the difference was so little. From some of the comments made by Venezuelans that actually voted and from some expats, it sounds like they did cheat some at least, enough to sway the vote and win. It's unfortunate that one person has so much power. The governments in S. America put too much power on one person. Unfortunately, this is happening as we speak in my own country within the past thirty years.

I think it's gonna be much better for Capriles and the stronger than ever opposition to just wait and see the Chavista power base disintegrate because its own failures. Don't underrestimate the completely depressing mess Chávez turned the country into, I feel real compassion for those that have to try and remain popular with the public in this situation. I am positive about the results because it shows that it will be hard to install a real Cuban-style dictatorship in the country like this. Apart from that, the criticism of Maduro by Cabello is a sign that this phyrric victory is likely to lead to conflicts within the political establishment.

Again, I never directly wish for someone's death, but I hope that hijo de mil putas Castro won't make it much longer, as I am convinced this whole Maduro is basically a Cuban puppet who is required to turn Venezuela into a complete political colony.

I'm somewhat skeptical that Maduro actually won. Somehow, it seems extremely suspicious that the difference was so little. From some of the comments made by Venezuelans that actually voted and from some expats, it sounds like they did cheat some at least, enough to sway the vote and win. It's unfortunate that one person has so much power. The governments in S. America put too much power on one person. Unfortunately, this is happening as we speak in my own country within the past thirty years.

Just spoke with a friend in Caracas, they claim its electoral Fraud... Maduro shouldn't have claimed victory with a narrow margin being disputed....

Just spoke with a friend in Caracas, they claim its electoral Fraud... Maduro shouldn't have claimed victory with a narrow margin being disputed....
My friend, the military dictatorship in Caracas is NOT going to hand over power so easily.

Let's consider one of Chávez' wise old soulmates:
a comment Erdogan made when he was mayor of Istanbul in the 1990s, calling democracy “a train that takes you to your destination, and then you get off.”

Back