Mailing Food/used Technology To Bsas?

I've some Percy Pigs doing the rounds in Bsas the last 5 years...hope the b**ards that swiped them from my kiddies mouths appreciate the manna that is M&S sweets.

Yeah, sorry, that was me. I had to have em. Addiction is a cruel mistress.

syngirl, my mum's in UK, and she uses the regular no-frills UK postal service, airmail but not signed for or insured. The stuff gets sent in those brown padded envelopes. She puts Small Gifts NCV (No commerical value) on the customs slip. I'm quite superstitious, so hoping the next one doesn't go astray now!

Why the hell do you want cereal to be sent, can you not go a few months eating whats in the shops here???

What kind of cereal are you looking for? While there isn't as much variety here as the states, quite a few can be found (or at least something somewhat similar.) Jumbo supermarket has a pretty good selection - Cheerios, Special K, granola, oatmeal and sugary ones like Froot Loops. No Capt Crunch or Lucky Charms, though. :) Sometimes it's hit or miss for a particular brand and a lot of the local brands aren't as good as the original, but some aren't bad.

And you never know when a new product might pop up and satisfy your craving! I just about keeled over when I went to the local Disco after the holidays and found All-Bran (close as you can get to my beloved Raisin Bran) ... I bought about 5 boxes in case it was a fluke! Amuletos de la Suerte could arrive any day now :rolleyes:

Just got word that the package arrived and is in Retiro...we'll see what happens next. How long should I give myself and when are the best times to go to retiro to pick it up?

go in the morning, and try and get there a little before they open, because people form a line! Also you have to pay very close attention when they call your number, its impossible to understand them... many times i have sat there way over the time i needed to because i didnt understand them when they called me number! and then they look at me like im crazy saying my number was called an hour ago! :p

I went to Retiro yesterday for the 1st time. I had 3 kg worth of organic candies (bulk, no brands) sent from The Netherlands. I did not have to pay anything at all (I was told by a friend that I got lucky). I spent 30 minutes. Maybe because it was as Friday 3 pm and everybody wanted to leave (they close at 4)?

About a year ago I bought three books, all from separate venders, having to do with marketing (business) and not one has arrived. If I had ordered all from the same vender I wouldn't wonder about it nearly as much as from three different venders. At the same time, everything my son has sent me has arrived within a week.

Back