Major Egos go shopping in the Big Apple

dennisr said:
Does she pay the customs duty on the the 100k (shoes)?
No. These are for charitable donations to the homeless in Palermo Soho. Everyone needs a pair of $5,000USD shoes.:eek:

Kind of reminds me of Imelda Marcos and her shoe fetish.

FYI, I think that they meant 100k pesos as most pairs of Loubs. cost around 600-1k USD aside from specials skins etc.

The story was also in the NY Post...same amount U$100K. Seems she bought them in Paris... Mind you..even if they were 1/4 the price. To buy 25 pair of U$1000 shoes whilst your countrymen on average make less than that per month.. shows how out of touch she is..and many other leaders. Seemingly by a vast majority.. 3rd world countries

I'm definitely not a big fan of Cristina, but you have to be careful with what you hear about her. She has plenty of political enemies (especially in Clarin) who have connections and say nearly anything to tarnish her image - journalistic integrity isn't of the highest order here if you haven't noticed and who knows where the NYPost got their source. I would take this as pure gossip.

If it is true, it would be very hypocritical of her. I hope she will pay the import tax that everyone else is subject to! Though it is of course normal for Argentine's to load up their bags and catch up on shopping while overseas... it's much more expensive here! :)

Back