Make It Stop

Apparently, there's only room for one in that house.

That is correct, and that room is permanently reserved for Dr. No.
emo32.gif

This thread's title has turned out to be quite accurate, one could say prescient.

Without wishing to hijack this post.....does anyone take any notice of car alarms anyway?
Across the road from our house is a small wooden hut about the size of a small garden shed. Inside of this resides an old bloke of about 70 who claims to be some sort of 'vigilante', you know, the ones you see on every street corner in the suburbs to keep an eye on things.
He spends most of his time hawking up phlegm and spitting all over the place, shouting at his villa friends who camp out with him to drink mate and trying to get protection money out of us.
I declined his kind offers of course and when he approached my lady for money, I had to take him to one side and read the riot act to him in anglo saxon.
He's quite repulsive and lord know where he does his ablutions and now has an old lady living in the hut with him.
The mother in law was mugged outside our front door some time ago and when he saw it happen, he ran back in his hut..
So much for vigilantes.

In our Botánico apartment, we replaced all the windows, and two sets of sliding doors to the balcony, with doble vidrio. The street noise is almost zero. For a while, though, we had a problem with a large family upstairs that always moved their furniture around midnight. They're now gone, fortunately.

I have nocturnal furniture movers upstairs as well. It is a huge puzzle for me. What on earth are people doing moving furniture around in the middle of night? Bizarre.

Back