Make Some Invest And Argentina And Get Citizenship?

Have a baby in Argentina or marry an Argentine. Obtain permanent residency several weeks later. Start citizenship process. 8-15 months later you're a citizen. It's not a path that will work for everyone but it worked for me. I hadn't set out to have a baby for the purpose of citizenship but it proved to be a nice gift from our daughter.

Had I not been able to pursue in this way, I would have hired an attorney. I'm not sure the current success rate but theoretically one can start the legal process a year after establishing residence in Argentina (physical, not legal residence). Safer to start legal process two years after arriving and don't leave Argentina during that time. And keep your nose clean. Don't want to be deported.

Have a baby in Argentina or marry an Argentine. Obtain permanent residency several weeks later. Start citizenship process. 8-15 months later you're a citizen. It's not a path that will work for everyone but it worked for me. I hadn't set out to have a baby for the purpose of citizenship but it proved to be a nice gift from our daughter.

Had I not been able to pursue in this way, I would have hired an attorney. I'm not sure the current success rate but theoretically one can start the legal process a year after establishing residence in Argentina (physical, not legal residence). Safer to start legal process two years after arriving and don't leave Argentina during that time. And keep your nose clean. Don't want to be deported.

I did the ''marry an Argentine'' bit although we chose to keep dogs rather than babies.

I was sure it used to be four years residency before you could apply but maybe it's been reduced. Anyway no matter...I had such a faff getting my DNI it put me off applying for citizenship. Especially as the only benefit I could see of having an Argentine passport was being able to visit Russia without having to pay for a visa.

And you can also vote in elections!

Is that a benefit or a punishment?

I believe that foreigners with residency "must" vote in local and provincial elections but they have to "register" to vote. They can't vote in the presidential election.

I was sure it used to be four years residency before you could apply but maybe it's been reduced.

As a spouse of an Argentine you can apply right away. It is a law from 1869, so I don't think you got the right info in the first place (LEY 346 del 1 de Octubre de 1869. Art. 2, 7).

its easier to get a US or Canadian citizenship- it just takes more money- $1,000,000 USD, or, I think, about $800,000 CDN.
there are lawyers in both places who will help you, for a fee, set up an investment that will allow you to get residency in either the US or Canada, much faster than the five year process in Argentina.

As a spouse of an Argentine you can apply right away. It is a law from 1869, so I don't think you got the right info in the first place (LEY 346 del 1 de Octubre de 1869. Art. 2, 7).

Well, that´s the debate we are having at the other thread. We do not know how is this going to work out next week with the new decree because seems that the King wants to derogate the Law 346.

Last of all,make insvest for a baby and get fasted residenship Argentina? :lol:

Back