Makin' a run for the Uruguayan Border?

ameliamcg

Registered
For those of you heading over to Uruguay for your necessary 90 day stamp, I recently came back from my 1st ever journey and it was easy peasy! No problems at the border, the travel was easy enough (we headed first to Colonia then bus to Montevideo), the seafood was AMAZING and the people were fantastic. It was like a really really chilled out BA. Of course, I posted a little something in my photo blog if you want to pop over, look at some pics and add your comments www.ameliamcgoldrickblog.com
Any suggestions on where I should go next time I head over in October? I hear Piriapolis is beautiful!

ameliamcg said:
For those of you heading over to Uruguay for your necessary 90 day stamp, I recently came back from my 1st ever journey and it was easy peasy! No problems at the border, the travel was easy enough (we headed first to Colonia then bus to Montevideo), the seafood was AMAZING and the people were fantastic. It was like a really really chilled out BA. Of course, I posted a little something in my photo blog if you want to pop over, look at some pics and add your comments www.ameliamcgoldrickblog.com
Any suggestions on where I should go next time I head over in October? I hear Piriapolis is beautiful!

You have a great eye for beauty. Thanks for sharing!

Any suggestions on where I should go next time I head over in October? I hear Piriapolis is beautiful![/quote]

Piriapolis isnt what you'd call beautiful (if youve ever been to Greece,Hawaii, Craibbean etc) but it was quaint, with glorious sunsets and the best moules marinieres Ive eaten since I came to this continent...definitely worth a try. We stayed at that huge beast "El Argentino" hotel..it reminded me so much of The Shining with its huge corridors..its a fabulous place and deserves real investment to upgrade its old features to last another 100 years. Have fun.

I, too, enjoyed the blog and photos! One suggestion would be to slow down that scroll at the top highlighting different entries--they passed so quickly, and there was no discernable menu to look at your older entries, one might give up before trying out the various options.

As to another place to check out in Uruguay, you should go to Punta del Diablo and/or Cabo Polonio, both are awesome and unique beach towns. Cabo is funky and has a sea lion colony that lives just off its shores. Then there's also Salto, Uruguay, where there are thermal hot springs and much of the town wanders around in bathrobes. I always recommend renting a moto when in Uruguay, makes sight seeing so much better. Have fun, and keep sharing! :)

MizzMarr said:
I, too, enjoyed the blog and photos! One suggestion would be to slow down that scroll at the top highlighting different entries--they passed so quickly, and there was no discernable menu to look at your older entries, one might give up before trying out the various options.

Second that, it scrolls wayyyy too fast, no time to read or click on anything. Love the photos though. Kudos!

MizzMarr said:
One suggestion would be to slow down that scroll at the top highlighting different entries--they passed so quickly, and there was no discernable menu to look at your older entries, one might give up before trying out the various options.
Easy.

Hit the arrow left or right with your mouse pointer.
Hold your left button down for a few seconds, and the scrolling stops.
Click your way through the pics.

John.St said:
Easy.

Hit the arrow left or right with your mouse pointer.
Hold your left button down for a few seconds, and the scrolling stops.
Click your way through the pics.
Oh, I didn't even see those arrows! I had to go back to look for them. That works. Still, a slower scroll would still be nice, as is it's sort of breakneck speed and those whose eyes aren't keen on the arrows can still click entries.

Thanks!

MizzMarr said:
One suggestion would be to slow down that scroll at the top highlighting different entries--they passed so quickly, and there was no discernable menu to look at your older entries, one might give up before trying out the various options.

I agree, and excellent photos! Thanks very much for sharing. Makes me want to buy a big girl camera!

Awesome info about Uruguay MizzMarr. I've become slightly obsessed with hot springs since my visit to Cachueta, near Mendoza.
So much to see....
Thanks to everyone for their invaluable feedback about my blog and a grande gracias for your kind comments about my work.
I have slowed the slider and props to John.St for pointing out the arrows on either side. There is also an archive drop box on the top right side under the slider. Above that you can also subscribe to my blog receive future posts by email. I will also be starting a photo of the week featuring BA pics with a print giveaway if you are signed up.

Back