Malbec

Don't be pompous. I seriously doubt you could tell the difference between a 40 peso bottle of Malbec and a 400 peso bottle of Malbec.

wow! you are talking as if we hang out every night together drinking wine!

--

one sip and I know its a cheap 40 peso wine from a local chino// and sometimes just looking at the label.

wow! you are talking as if we hang out every night together drinking wine!

--

one sip and I know its a cheap 40 peso wine from a local chino.

Please explain the difference between a 40 peso and 400 peso bottle of Malbec Raw Fish.

Don't be pompous. I seriously doubt you could tell the difference between a 40 peso bottle of Malbec and a 400 peso bottle of Malbec.

If you can't tell the difference yourself, perhaps you shouldn't question others. To some of us, the difference is clearly evident.

And pomposity may have nothing to do with it. Is it fair that I show up at a friend's house with a nice Oregon Pinot, and they come to mine with Alamos Malbec, or that you go with a six-pack of Anchor Steam, and they bring Coors Light?

Available in the US

Sorry, I should have specified the Blend of Malbecs Black Label (but it's the only Vicentin Malbec at Tonel Privado). The only Vicentin wines I find on the TTB web site are the lower-end selections. If you know otherwise, please let me know.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/jun/23/wine-tasting-junk-science-analysis

If you can't tell the difference yourself, perhaps you shouldn't question others. To some of us, the difference is clearly evident.

And pomposity may have nothing to do with it. Is it fair that I show up at a friend's house with a nice Oregon Pinot, and they come to mine with Alamos Malbec, or that you go with a six-pack of Anchor Steam, and they bring Coors Light?

This thread is specifically about Malbec, not Oregon Pinot. Nor Boone's Farm.

If you would have read the article, you could see the published study and criticise it instead of trying to question the authors credibility...

Back