"Malin from Ace of Base band"

Brigadier

Registered
Hi people ...

Yesterday i was walking on the city to get some air after a long day of study and amazement I suddenly stopped in front of the Sofitel hotel. At the other side of the street was the former lead singer of Ace of Base Malin Bergrenne (the blonde). It just went into the hotel and i could not cross the street to see her up close, but I'm sure it was her. Maby not many people know that seven years ago she left the group in final form by a kind of phobia that she take to the cameras, and and since never heard of it. Now is a woman of about 40 years but attractive as ever. see her again made my day :):)
I hope this new will be of interest to all fans of Ace of Base, I was not a big fan, but I liked his music.

greetings and sorry for my English .. hehe

Sure they had, and still have fans. We are talking about one of the most important pop-dance bands of the 90's. :p

I have lived my life quite happily for over 50 years without ever hearing Ace of Base, or even knowing of their existence, til today.
Listened to a song on youtube- and I dont feel like I have missed much.

I tell you what...I'd be excited and would share with the world if I saw Madonna, Prince, David Lee Roth, or James Hetfield, but the lead singer of Ace of Base???

AND now thanks to you, I can't get that damn song out of my head (i saw the sign...blah blah blah ;-)

I guess if english is not your first language...

they sound like bablefish wrote them to me, and the beats are all the same.

In the early 90's, when this stuff came out,
I was listening to Frank Blacks first solo album,
Liz Phair's Exile in Guyville, Stereolab, PJ Harvey, Tom Waits' The Black Rider, Bjork's first album, Nirvana, The Cocteau Twins, Mazzy Star, Lucious Jackson, Ill Communication, Pavement, Prodigy, Primal Scream, Massive Attack, Neil Young's Sleeps with Angels, Black Grape, Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, Chemical Brothers, Eno' Nerve Net, Spiritualized, Sonic Youth, Future Sound of London, Afghan Whigs, and about 50 other bands that were all more enjoyable, to me, at least, than a band that clearly owes a lot to Abba and Bony M.

But hey, if you like em, I think thats great, and I know the thrill when you see a star that you like, in plainclothes, so to speak.
Its fun.

Its obious u're not the kind of people who i referred, But anyway ... first of all, I have to say that they were Swedish, and Swedes beat strong in the U.S. in the 70 80 and 90 like it or not. and second, to Ries: many of those bands you listed play in other musical genres such as "rock", I was talking about pop music or dance. But, anyway the majority of bands you quoted are good too, of course.

Well, here I leave a bit of Argentine musical past to learn more about the country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DwVHt08oe8 (1990)

Best regards to all, and be well. :)

orwellian said:
Ace of Base has fans?

I love shitty Euro-trash pop! Ace of Base rocked my ten year old mind when they released their first album and I quickly bought their follow up at Tape World (now out of business).

Back