Malvinas Spat ( United Kindgom beating war drums )

Yea I wouldn't take anything some guy wrote in a comment section very seriously or use it as a measure of the general mood. It's probably just some 14 year old who thinks it's funny to talk about killing other people that live far away.

For those of you who think you can escape the upcoming British invasion and destruction of B.A. by going back to the states think again.

An imminent attack on the U.S. led by Chinese paratroopers in California is only days away according to this authoritative site.

http://www.tldm.org/News4/ChineseInvasion.htm

there is a serious point to all this. Should the sabre (sar-bray according to Michael Scott!) rattling continue, there's a very real prospect of the Argentine govt. getting petty and slapping restrictions on UK citizens.

If it escalates into a diplomatic row, expect repercussions in Colonia. :(

esllou said:
there is a serious point to all this. Should the sabre (sar-bray according to Michael Scott!) rattling continue, there's a very real prospect of the Argentine govt. getting petty and slapping restrictions on UK citizens.

If it escalates into a diplomatic row, expect repercussions in Colonia. :(

I really hope this doesn't happen but it is starting to look inevitable.

Does the Argentine gov really think all this will work?

Imagine the humiliation the UK would face if they lost the Falklands, Surely it would mark the end of the UK on the world stage as any type of power. Out of curiosity did any European countries support the UK during the first Falklands war?

Moonwitch said:
Imagine the humiliation the UK would face if they lost the Falklands, Surely it would mark the end of the UK on the world stage as any type of power.

That's a joke, right?

Moonwitch said:
I really hope this doesn't happen but it is starting to look inevitable.

Does the Argentine gov really think all this will work?

Imagine the humiliation the UK would face if they lost the Falklands, Surely it would mark the end of the UK on the world stage as any type of power. Out of curiosity did any European countries support the UK during the first Falklands war?
:rolleyes:HMMMM,YES ALMOST ALL

Argentina doesn't plan on really doing anything with the Malvinas. The Kirchners are using it to whip up sentimentalism and national fervor so Nestor can be successful in his bid for president after Cristina's term is up. They don't have a real good track record, and indeed Nestor just recently was brought out into the light for that hotel of his in El Calafate. It's a distraction, a small one right now, but sure to grow as election closes in next year - this is a long term thing, I'm betting. Sabre rattling to draw the bull's attention away from the antagonist, to mix a few metaphors.

Back