Malvinas Spat ( United Kindgom beating war drums )

OK, but you said they were drilling inside the 200-mile zone around the falklands. Maybe that's possible, but I think it's quite unlikely.

esllou said:
OK, but you said they were drilling inside the 200-mile zone around the falklands. Maybe that's possible, but I think it's quite unlikely.

There's an overlap between the 200 argentine claim and the potential 200m falklands claim on the west side. This is solved by the UK not claiming anything that falls within the argentine 200m claim.

If argentina are drilling inside their 200m, good luck to them.

Maybe they've been watching the simpsons....

:D

0906.JPG

What about giving back the channel norman islands to the Frenchies, since they right off the french coast than the british ones and the official language is french...It would make much more sense than the Falklands. Those brits are way too greedy! :p

esllou said:
what makes you think it's inside that zone? or is that another example in this thread of a person just "saying something"?
ever claimed it was.

You are right, I was just speculating, never claimed it was.

esllou said:
I thought this was an interesting american viewpoint:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/26/world/americas/26argentina.html

You should take into account that the NYT share holders are not particularly fond of the Kirchners administration.

As always, they divert from the real news to allow themselves to express opinion quoting the moron in turn to serve their purpose.

I think the real news here should be: "What the heck does the UN stand for? Is it or is not an instrument of control and domination?" And a serious analysis from a journalist not just this filthy opinion den.

What pisses me off is that I mainly agree with many things in the article. But thats all they say... What about the real deal, we stick with the fireworks.. Just divert this epsilon minus semi-morons, lets make them think about political leverage and oil exploration instead of domination.

esllou said:
I thought this was an interesting american viewpoint:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/26/world/americas/26argentina.html

Of course its interesting for someone like you a little child rubbing his hands with glee when he sees something written about Argentina that suits his purpose.

There is never one article from these newspapers that are correct and once again misinformation rules the day.

Back