Manbags (Satchels/murse, Etc)?

numbat

Registered
I'll be in BA next month. On google street view I see that the manbag is favored in BA. The strap is "across body", and it outnumbers backpacks and briefcases 10 to 1.

Should I invest in a manbag before I arrive? (I have to admit, my wife has expressed reservations...)

Across body is more effective against mugging. It is not a fashion thing.
I have eft all my collection of shoulder bags directly in Italy and I am now using a cheap across body mini bag in a very plain color (grey).
This is survival equipment, not fashion.

Is bag snatching a problem in BA? I currently live in LA and such a thought wouldn't enter my mind.

Yes bag snatching is a major problem in Buenos Aires. As well as cell phone, watch and jewelry snatching. It's common for people to wear their backpacks on their front side rather than on their back.

Is bag snatching a problem in BA? I currently live in LA and such a thought wouldn't enter my mind.

Yes bag snatching is a major problem in Buenos Aires. As well as cell phone, watch and jewelry snatching. It's common for people to wear their backpacks on their front side rather than on their back.

Better be 1st thing on your mind and DO NOT hang your bag on you chair in a restaurant. No need to be paranoid, just be aware and you'll have a wonderful time.
N

Try to keep your belongings at sight at all times. They will try to snatch anything they can; nowadays, cell phone snatching has become the easiest one for thieves, especially while people are distracted sending messages.

This I have seen with my own eyes.I was on the subway "A" in Congreso at 1030PM, there were three people on the station; me, another guy and a young girl sending a text message when the guy snatched the IPhone from her hands, JUMPED INTO THE RAILS, CROSSED OVER to the other side of the station, and run upstairs!!!

Back