Mapa.ba.gob.ar Upgrade!

pitipur

Registered
hey all, looks like our favorite public transport site is expanding to cover most of the metropolitan BA area, at last! lots of other improvements listed on the site as well (currently in beta). Just saw the news on twitter and wanted to share as i know its a pretty common question how to search for public transport outside the city proper.

mapa.buenosaires.gob.ar/v4/#

That looks like an excellent interactive map. I've been using http://www.omnilineas.com .

Is there someway to click on the map to input start and finish instead of putting in addresses?

T/

Hopefully they can give google the same data, install tracking in the busses / trains / subte so i can find the quickest way from a to b at that point of time like i can in other places.

Dont hold your breath.
Hopefully they can give google the same data, install tracking in the busses / trains / subte so i can find the quickest way from a to b at that point of time like i can in other places.

I use the omnilineas site, as you can click on your location and destination.
I cant get the gob.AR site to do that, and I have found those gob.AR sites in general to be buggy and slow loading.
But I actually carry a Guia T in my pocket, and often just use that, as I find I am worried a lot less about losing a Guia T than a smartphone- so I dont carry a smartphone, but I do carry a Guia T.

Dont hold your breath.

I cant get the gob.AR site to do that, and I have found those gob.AR sites in general to be buggy and slow loading.
But I actually carry a Guia T in my pocket, and often just use that, as I find I am worried a lot less about losing a Guia T than a smartphone- so I dont carry a smartphone, but I do carry a Guia T.

The Guía T is, arguably, a wiser investment for the specific need.

Dont hold your breath.

Guia T (T for transport, but could also be read as "guiate") is a houndred times better than any google maps, GPS, Smartphone, etc. And more practical.

Guia T (T for transport, but could also be read as "guiate") is a houndred times better than any google maps, GPS, Smartphone, etc. And more practical.
right. I see 747 pilots using it all the time to locate EZE for landing. a 100 times better, that pretty precise.

right. I see 747 pilots using it all the time to locate EZE for landing. a 100 times better, that pretty precise.

No, I am sure you are right that the pilots are using google maps on their jailbroken iphone 6...

as a mere civilian, however, I find that the paper version works better for me in non-life threatening pedestrian landings.
never once have I heard of a Guia T being removed from a person's pocket on a crowded subte car, either.

No, I am sure you are right that the pilots are using google maps on their jailbroken iphone 6...

as a mere civilian, however, I find that the paper version works better for me in non-life threatening pedestrian landings.
never once have I heard of a Guia T being removed from a person's pocket on a crowded subte car, either.
I totally agree. But "96000s" statement about a 100 times better than GPS is simply foolish.

Back