Maradona or messi

dk2

Registered
huge huge huge maradona fan ,always have been...to me ,and millions of otheres the best ever,...but i find myself leaning towards messi ,after each game....he has no bounds ,he put the passion back in football...no bullshit celebrity, he is playing with his heart ,and gives it his all,never dives ,just wants to keep the game flow..BEST SPORTS PERSONALITY and role modle of 2day.....hope he lifts the world cup in brazil,im sure he will...and many more..please god.

Until Messi can do it consistently on an international basis, it will always be Maradona. And I hate the guy and am saying that.

He was unbelievable last night, if Higuaín had his shootin' boots on it would have been a massacre. (there was at least one blatant dive in the box from messi tho!)

Messi never USED to dive, and thats one reason he was so revered....unfortunately those days are gone...

Benwise said:
Messi never USED to dive, and thats one reason he was so revered....unfortunately those days are gone...

Messi also intentionally "fell" onto the keeper late in the game and then acted like it was an accident. If you follow Barcelona, then you will recognize this tactic. It only rears its head when he's frustrated like last night when he was getting fouled a LOT and refs weren't completely protecting him.

Who would I ask to drive me anywhere? MESSI

Who would I ask to piss in a cup for a drug test? MESSI

Who would I ask to wear the #10 for the albiceleste? MARADONA

Messi will never be better than Maradona and Maradona will never be better than Pele...Messi is too European($$)...he dove in the 1st 10 minutes of the game. So did a few others...that's not the game here. Plus it's a super weak act coming from a power house team playing against a bunch of teenage college students. When Arg. scored they acted like they won the world cup. Hahahahahahaha. I wasn't impressed with them really, more so impressed with the Costa Rican kids.

I was actually the opposite, was far more impressed with their football in general (compared to the previous games at least), played some of the best football of the tournament so far, even if it was against weaker opposition. Starting Agüero and Higuaín was key.

The video editing (Messi's reaction to absolutely everything) and commentary (repeating 'Messi' 50 times whenever he touched the ball) was a bit OTT but he delivered the performance people expect of him now.

BWalker said:
I was actually the opposite, was far more impressed with their football in general (compared to the previous games at least), played some of the best football of the tournament so far, even if it was against weaker opposition. Starting Agüero and Higuaín was key.

As happy as I was to see Tevez & Lavezzi out of the lineup, the biggest difference in the game was probably provided by Gago. His presence allowed Messi to play forward which changed everything. (And I've never been a Gago fan before the first half of last night's game.)

eschal said:
Messi will never be better than Maradona and Maradona will never be better than Pele..

The worldwide journalists who voted for the top soccer players of all time definitely disagree with you. At the end of the 20th Century (not during the height of Maradona's fame) there was a vote for the top players of all time and Pele & Maradona tied. They played different positions and you can't compare the supporting casts that the two player had.

The argument for Pele was Total Goals Scored, Total World Cups Won, Types of Goals...

The argument for Maradona was look at what he did with what he had. He personally beat England in '86. He took Argentina to the Final in '90. And he did it with Napoli as well and they were NOTHING! A 5'3" spark plug who had ball control like no one ever.

Pele over Maradona, Maradona over Pele, that comes down to personal preference after both had excelled like no one else at the highest level. (Well, actually Pele never played club soccer in Europe, and he got to start every calendar year beating up on semi-pro teams in his state, but that's for another discussion.)

Back