March in Washington DC - 2

another non-american here...
i found the thread curious - and i have a fairly neutral stance on it all... im born and raised english from a mixed-immigrant family. i myself am now an immigrant here.
rmartinbuenosaires is an immigrant too, but he thought, after his service to his country and their 'saving the world' policy that he could throw 'japanese/greek colony' comments out there. i am glad they left that post on there - self-segregation helps us all understand a little more that any global village still has those that are against integration...
a question for rmartinbuenosaires - is england an 'indian/pakistani colony?' is ireland a 'polish colony?' is germany a 'turkish colony?'
and finally - by applying the greek colony idea to australia you are unfairly marginalising the wonderful jewish, lebanese, english, irish, new zealand and more colonies there...

thebookcellar said:
i found the thread curious - and i have a fairly neutral stance on it all... im born and raised english from a mixed-immigrant family. i myself am now an immigrant here.
rmartinbuenosaires is an immigrant too, but he thought, after his service to his country and their 'saving the world' policy that he could throw 'japanese/greek colony' comments out there. i am glad they left that post on there - self-segregation helps us all understand a little more that any global village still has those that are against integration...
a question for rmartinbuenosaires - is england an 'indian/pakistani colony?' is ireland a 'polish colony?' is germany a 'turkish colony?'
and finally - by applying the greek colony idea to australia you are unfairly marginalising the wonderful jewish, lebanese, english, irish, new zealand and more colonies there...

You must be a real newcomer! The new immigrants to Argentina are from the Mercosur countries.... Everyone else is a foreigner/expat.

Now, if in the future, you do speak perfectly fluent Spanish, with a perfect Argentine accent, have your children enrolled in the Argentine school system....well, maybe then you will be more than a foreigner.

Recoleta Carolina said:
You must be a real newcomer! The new immigrants to Argentina are from the Mercosur countries.... Everyone else is a foreigner/expat.

Now, if in the future, you do speak perfectly fluent Spanish, with a perfect Argentine accent, have your children enrolled in the Argentine school system....well, maybe then you will be more than a foreigner.

Perhaps we should meet - then you could hear my argentine accent and meet my argentine wife and we could tell you about the plans for our family

BookCellar,

I am always clear in my posts that people who are married into Argentine families do not have the same experiences as people who are just there on their own. If you had bothered to read my post it did indicate that if you have your children in the Argentine school system that things would be different for you.

Since you are married into a local family your first post does not even make sense. Perhaps, you just want to feel important.

RWS said:
It is sad, and it is dangerous. With such huge populations and great interconnectedness as we have (or suffer, or endure) in the present day, full and accurate information is essential. Regrettably, more and more journalists appear both inarticulate and unreflective, save of their own biases.

They are writing what they've been told to write. Otherwise - out, to collect State Unemployment.
The only way to get anything alternative this days is the Internet. And how deceiving some of these "voices" could be used.
Look at that shmako Glenn Beck, a voice for some social partition of the US. How in a Hell he end-up as a promoter for 'We Are The People" foundation? How???
Put him close to Dr. Ron Paul and step back a few feet.

That's another Machiavelli's tactic: insert "your" man into the good movement and divide, diminish the movement in the public eyes almost instantly bc "he" will contradict the whole idea just by joining it. Regardless of any type of Grand BS he will load in the air in his daily shows.
One of his latest passages was about "... Obama fail Chicago for Olympics in 2016... "
Does this "allegation" making ANY sense to anyone in here?

thebookcellar said:
i found the thread curious - ... the wonderful jewish, lebanese, english, irish, new zealand and more colonies there...
Could you tell me a secret of The Great Cultural and Economical Benefits for Norwegians to relocate 1.3 mlns of Iraqis to Norway in the last few years???

Back