Marrying in Argentina (and the US?)

Am currently going through the I-130 process to bring my wife to the states (we are currently both living in B.A.) , and would love to talk to someone else who went through it here in Bs. As., for advice, timelines, etc. Please send me a private message or send me an e-mail to [email protected], if you have had any experience with this.

Best,

Stephen

Consular processing of a I-130 can take up to 6 months of waiting for the interview from date of application. With a successful interview, candidate can enter US with stamp in passport and temp approval notices for re-entry and work permit. Once in US, can have physical permanent resident card sent to US address (AKA greencard). Once candidate has successful interview, must immigrate to US within a few months (not sure #), else forfeit application.

I have a few friends who have done I-130 applications from BsAs without any issues. There are many immigration forums which will give you better understanding of the process. BAExpats forum is full of US citizens who have little knowledge of the process. Here is a good one:
http://forums.immigration.com/

Back