Mass shooting in Peaceful New Zealand

perry

Registered
This will come as a complete shock and surprise to australian and new zealand expats as both these countries are known to be relatively peaceful and New Zealand has at most 50 murders a year . The brutal attack today in Christchurch New Zealand on two mosques will go down in history as the day that New Zealand lost its innocence . The mass killer was an australian anglo saxon

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/03/14/world/gallery/christchurch-shooting-0315/index.html

Last edited:
As per usual; yet another white supremacist right wing terrorist making his point about how evil and violent the Muslims are, by shooting a lot of them. No sense of irony of course.

Right Wing, White Supremacists are a plague on the world, spreading their violent terrorist acts and horrid ideology as usual.

Until the politicians and media stop playing the fear, xenophobe, and nationalism cards to manipulate the populations, we will keep having more of this. Not that they are the only causes, but at the very least they catalyse this ideology.

Its funny how the alt-right and their white supremacist kin are always fear mongering about how THEY are the ones under siege from so much violence and evil, yet they are the ones who propagate and implement terrorist acts more than any other group. This is true both in Europe and the USA, sadly it looks like New Zealand is following suit.

At least we can call them out in public whenever they spread their rotten seeds!

Cheers!

and...Trump said there were good people on both sides

Its funny how the alt-right and their white supremacist kin are always fear mongering about how THEY are the ones under siege from so much violence and evil, yet they are the ones who propagate and implement terrorist acts more than any other group. This is true both in Europe and the USA, sadly it looks like New Zealand is following suit.

I am curious do you have actual data on that? It would be interesting to know. I personally cannot think of many deaths caused by right-wing terrorism. Whereas, some very high death-toll ones such as 911 are attributed to muslims. It would take 61 of these type of attacks to equal even one 911 and I certainly cannot think of anywhere near 61 and I can think of far more muslim terrorist attacks.

In addition, this guy is not even related to the alt-right. He is self-professed eco-fascist, which if it would be classified would be a far-left ideology.

Instead of chest beating and shaming and virtue signalling, etc, a far better, more pro-active approach is mental health and education. Every single attack, whether done by the left, right, muslim, or christian, is being done by someone with an extreme mental health issue who found themselves in an echo-chamber and became radicalized.

How do these people find themselves in echo chambers and then radicalize? Shaming, censorship, creation of "taboo" subjects, etc, which pushes people into other forums of discourse -- the only place they can ask about what troubles them. It is like putting someone who smokes weed in with murderers. Once they start associating with even more extreme elements with no moderating influence they become an extreme element themselves and radicalization happens. Bringing these people into the fold and offering them better arguments is a much better method .

I always advocate productive measures to stopping violence. And, the first step in this is to recognize that violence is a disease. It needs to be treated like a disease.

Amazing how much in common these right wing white supremicists have with the Islamic terrorists- in both cases, they are conservative, homophobic, want things to be like in the good old days when women were unwilling child brides with no agency, vote, or jobs, they are religious and hate modernity, and they believe the direct from god instructions of old men. God told them THEY were the chosen people, the others are infidels- which applies equally, almost verbatim, for Aryan christians and Wahabi Muslims. They hate progress, they hate multicultureism, they hate gays, feminists, liberals, and anybody different from them.

Amazing how much in common these right wing white supremicists have with the Islamic terrorists- in both cases, they are conservative, homophobic, want things to be like in the good old days when women were unwilling child brides with no agency, vote, or jobs, they are religious and hate modernity, and they believe the direct from god instructions of old men. God told them THEY were the chosen people, the others are infidels- which applies equally, almost verbatim, for Aryan christians and Wahabi Muslims. They hate progress, they hate multicultureism, they hate gays, feminists, liberals, and anybody different from them.
The media has no issues trashing 'right-wing' views and showing support for Islam when it's very clear that Islam inspired terrorism is occuring at a way higher rate to right-wing 'terrorist' events like the one in Christchurch. Islam does not preach tolerance of others and was written during wars and crusades and thus contains many violent references that are used to easily inspire extremist views. It also places women on a lower standing in society by not giving them an opportunity to work as one example. I find it very ironic how the media defends Islam when these facts cannot be disputed. Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world and as someone who values freedom for everyone and goes against hate I do not believe it is compatible with the western values that I subscribe to of tolerance, womens rights, respect for others views, avoidance of extremist views and violence.

and...Trump said there were good people on both sides

Trump wants the alt-right vote. Unfortunately he's not going to get it this time around -- once bitten, twice shy. The alt-right is gravitating towards Andrew Yang.

Back