Massacre of Indigenous people in Argentina

Yet still few dare talk about the 1947 massacre of Rincón Bomba by the Gendarmerie and Argentine Airforce, under the command of General Juan Domingo Perón, ironically against destitute and displaced indigenous workers and their families who first started protesting holding portraits of the same man when the Gendarmerie opened fire followed by days of aerial machine gun strafing of their settlement by the airforce. The survivors we taken to an indigenous persons camp overseen by the Gendarmerie and essentially used as slave labour by the state. In 2020 this mass murder of 750+ indigenous civilians was ruled by the courts to be a genocide and that state performed a deliberate cover up.

Reactions: Moe
And this is terribly different from the genocide of indigenous people in other countries?

Not really. This was happening in Australia . The aborigines were still being slaughtered in 1928.
I guess you aren't good with math, 1928 is BEFORE 1947. Its a whole generation later. 1947 is Post World War II and Post United Nations after the standard for war crimes and genocide had been largely internationally recognized. So yes, Argentina is unique for that time period.

19 years is not a huge stretch of time.
I guess you aren't good with math, 1928 is BEFORE 1947. Its a whole generation later. 1947 is Post World War II and Post United Nations after the standard for war crimes and genocide had been largely internationally recognized. So yes, Argentina is unique for that time period.

The issue for me in Argentina is that even the self-proclaimed progressives couldn’t give two flying s**** about indigenous people. The political faction that committed genocide exists today in its same form with a cult of personality surrounding the same man who committed it. They are just as genocidal as the elites they claim to counter. What’s more is they use themes like “colonization” to further their own international political agendas when it is convenient but never making the effort to resolve domestic issues arising from colonization, including pure genocide.

For me, the day when the Argentine state makes restitutions to all indigenous peoples to reduce the enormous gaps in resources and opportunities that exist as a result of being robbed by the colonizers, amends the constitution to reflect their interests including protecting their culture and language, and one day can go on to have an indigenous head of state (or at least a strong presence in government from all sides of the spectrum) is the day that anyone can say that Argentina is progressive in this respect and has overcome its institutionalized colonial racism.

Not Quite, add Canada. The Catholic Residential Schools for indigenous Children were closed in 1990? The Pope was on his knees to ask forgiveness from Canadian indigenous people for the abuses perpetrated on more than 150.000 children since the XIX century.

Back