MASSIVE CLOTHING SWAP! (books and toys too!)

lmccrea

Registered
Hola a todos!

As part of the big FestEco, Argentina's first zero-carbon festival, we are organizing a huge Clothing, Books and Toys Exchange with the idea of reusing and tranforming old things into "new" ones. The festival will be held Feb 25-26 in CheLA (Iguazu 451, Parque Patricios). As the saying goes "One man's trash is another man's treasure"!

You are all invited to participate and give your wardrobe and library a little pick-me-up!

How does it work?

When you bring us your used (or new!) garments, books and/or toys, you will receive 1 voucher for each item, which you may then exchange for “new” items in Exchange Area. You may receive up to 10 vouchers. The rest will be donated to our benefitting charity- Yo No Fui.

Where can I bring my items?

1. The Argentina Independent, Lambaré 873, Almagro, M-F 10-18hs. Please send an e-mail with the time you wish to drop by: [email protected]
2. areatres Soho, Malabia 1873 (Fuentes de Malabia), 5353-0333, M-F 9-19hs. Please send an e-mail with the time you wish to drop by: [email protected]
3. areatres Hollywood, Humboldt 2036, 5258-7600, M-F 9-19hs Please send an e-mail with the time you wish to drop by: [email protected]

When you bring your items in advance, you will receive one extra voucher! You can also bring your items directly to the festival.

We also have a design area where you will be able to make small alterations or create totally new items with your "old" garments! Plus, a totally green food area, bikes generating energy, art, feria, talks, and so much more.

Hope to see you there!

Lauren McCrea

[email protected]

We went and it was really cool to ecofriendly workshops but I must say the clothing swap was a disappointment to say the least. I wasnt expecting name brand clothes but I was surprised dirty and ripped unwearable clothes ( full of paint) were accepted. Even the salvation army in Canada doesn't accept clothes if it's that dirty or ripped:(

Back