Mate cup.....

Try the Feria de Mataderos market on Sunday. They have craftsmen and artisans of all kinds and qualities and lots and lots of mate gourds and bombillas. I can't judge the quality of any of them or the prices because I was not looking at or for them and have zero expertise, but they had them in all kinds of materials. And you can score a great choripan while there.

Annual "Feria de Artesanos" will be held Dec 3-8 at La Rural. Craftsmen and artisans from different provinces will be there, along with some "infiltrated" low-cost imports.
http://artesaniasbue.com.ar/

Libertad, between Corrientes and Av. Rivadavia is the diamond district and a number of shops sell estate jewelry and objets d'art. In a couple of windows I saw beautifully crafted silver mates y bombillas that obviously belonged to some rich Argentine some hundred years ago. They also have mates of more modest materials with silver trim. Prices were not displayed in the windows, but I am sure they are priced accordingly and probably subject to some bargaining.

Back