Mattress Recommendation.

The problem I have (I am also looking for a mattress) is that I do not know what price matches a good product. In most of the major chains I am quoted things like 15 or 16k, but then I see some on Mercadolibre branded and costing around 8000. Does 8000 get me a decent one and 16000 an amazing one, or is 8000 rubbish and 16000 normal? I think anything over 10000 seems a bit steep, but then I remember where I am.

I bought a bed on Mercadolibre the other day, went to the store to pick it up and she heard my accented Spanglish and tired to sell it to me for 20% more than the price I had already paid. I contested, she typed (nothing) on the computer and said yes sir, they must have changed it overnight, but for you I will do you a favour. Well, gee thanks I thought.

I had a very good experience with Suavestar Atmosphere http://www.suavestar.com.ar/producto/atmosphere-56 - never slept better.
Also when I went shopping for mattresses a while back I was almost always offered a discount of at least 10% (of the official list price) when paying cash.

I had a custom made one done b/c our bed is a weird size (btwn a queen and a king). We went to the Sommier Center and picked out what we wanted (extra firm, pillow top, etc) and then they ordered it and got the custom size. I want to say the brand was Inducol. It was about 5000 pesos -that was just the mattress though - and that was 2 years ago. You can definitely bargain with them. Just went on line and they are having a huge sale apparently.

My KingKoil is on its last legs - approx 7 years old now giving me back pain. Any updated recommendations for a queen size mattress? I already have the base.

I know this is Argentina and prices are always higher for most things but $1000 (15-16000 pesos) isn't far off of US prices for a good one.

Last year I went to Rosario for a little R&R. Stayed at the Micro Hotel across the street from the bus depot. I slept better than I ever slept at home.
Before I left I had to find out the mattress brand. So I lifted the sheet ending in all the corners till I had my answer. The winner ? Piero !.
If I ever replace my cheapo brand mattress, it'll be with a Piero. I figure hotel owners must know which mattress brand will go the distance.

http://listado.mercadolibre.com.ar/colchon-piero#D[A:colchon-piero,L:2]

Back