Maximum Atm Withdrawal (In Pesos)

Lulu-Kyoko

Registered
I've just about run out of USD and I'm Canadian so have no access to Xoom.

I haven't used the ATMs here at all, for obvious reasons, but I might have to... Does anyone know what the daily withdrawal limit right now, per transaction? I'm trying to decide if I should go to Colonia or not.

Gracias!

You could still use www.exhange4free.com
It says money can be sent from Canada. I have never used it but maybe someone else on here has?

Don't know the actual limit, just be aware that you can withdraw more from Citibank (there's one ATM per Citibank which has no logos on it = limit was 4.000 pesos last year, could have changed since).

As far as I know the limit is either 900 or 950 per transaction for international CC.

My experience with ATM card withdrawal is quintessentially Argentine: you can only withdraw up to 900 pesos. But you take the 900 and when the machine asks you if you want to do something more, you ask it for another withdrawal of (900 or whatever) pesos and it lets you take it. You keep doing that until you're denied. Then you take your card out and either try again at the same machine, or get lucky at a different one! Here in Argentina it seems for almost every rule there is a way around it.

Depends on your card and the bank.

On my VISA I can draw AR$ 1 000 per 24 hours (no withdrawal fee in HSBC ATMs), on my Eurocard I can get 900 x 2, paying ~ 18 pesos for each.

Below is from my experience

There are two kinds of ATM networks - (i) BANELCO and (ii) LINK

ATMs with Balenco sysmbol - daily limit 4500 peso, but single withdrawl limit 1500 peso; so you have to withdraw three times
ATMS with LINK symbol - daily limit 2700 peso, but single withdrawl limit 900 peso; so you have to withdraw three times

Also check the the specific ATM machine you are using has the Banelco or LINK sticker on it. Otherwise it will not accept other bank's cards.

Citibank ATMs without Banelco or link logo has given me up to $5000 ARS. That was a few years ago though@.

Back