Maximum visa runs to Uruguay

Mira Vos!

Registered
I’m sure this has been different for everyone, but is there usually a maximum amount of visa runs you can make to Uruguay before they don’t accept you and/or get very skeptical.

I’m sure six months (one visa run) would be fine, but curious if people had issues doing two to four visa runs in a row every three months.

Long ago I went to Carmelo every six months and was only asked once
why I kept getting temp visas instead of getting a permanent one. I told
the guy my application was in process and he said okay. But no one was
friendly ... don't know why.

Depends entirely on the immigration officer you get. Some are fine, some are on a power trip who will jump at the opportunity to give you a bollocking. That’s likely the worst that will happen though. I think deportations in Argentina are a rare occurrence in comparison with the vast majority of other countries

It's really hard to say. In the past in most cases people could get away with it for a couple years. There were some rare cases reported of people getting blocked at the border.

I think now with COVID, it's impossible to say. Before it was breeze to go from country to country, now even when things open back it up it may be more complicated.

Would overstaying for a year or more be worse than border runs? I've read Argentina has a different take on immigration status than many nations do.

Depends entirely on the immigration officer you get. Some are fine, some are on a power trip who will jump at the opportunity to give you a bollocking. That’s likely the worst that will happen though. I think deportations in Argentina are a rare occurrence in comparison with the vast majority of other countries
Exactly the case. I got shit from some grumpy broad boarding the buque on my way back from Colonia on my first and only trip. I had a dozen stamps in my passport coming in and out of Argentina twice a year and staying for a month on average over half a dozen years, and she had a hutzpah to tell me that I wasn't a tourist but a resident and gotta go apply for a residency visa or I won't be allowed back into Argentina next time, which was a complete BS...But if you hit someone like that, there is no reasoning with them, they enjoy having their power over the rich bastards that can afford a nice life style:). In any situation in this country never forget that common sense, logic and laws do not apply...Overstaying is safer, easier and cheaper, just pay the fine on the way out. Or if you only want 6 months stay at a time, just pay for extension in immigration...

Would overstaying for a year or more be worse than border runs? I've read Argentina has a different take on immigration status than many nations do.
No, it won't. Unless you overstay more than once in a short period of time. You pay the fine and you are good, nobody lectures you and threatens you with a deportation in the future...

Visa runs are dead and it means you are not understanding at all. 1) Time is frozen. For immigration we are at March 15th 2020. 2) To break the quarantine for doing a visa run is until 3 years of jail BUT if you get or have COVID-19 and you spread it, it is until 15 years of jail.

Visa runs are dead and it means you are not understanding at all. 1) Time is frozen. For immigration we are at March 15th 2020. 2) To break the quarantine for doing a visa run is until 3 years of jail BUT if you get or have COVID-19 and you spread it, it is until 15 years of jail.

.......This was a general question for future reference (A year later)

Back