May 18, 2022 Census Day in ARG, per optional digital tool

The census taker rang my doorbell a few minutes ago. Early this morning I tacked a note with the code number on the gate, and he had already wrtten it down by the time I got to the gate.

He asked one qusetion: How many hombres and mujeres lived at the residence.

He was here and gone in less than 60 seconds.

Nick Cage would have been proud. 🤠

I'm sure the census taker was at least as happy about that as you were :)
That can't be an easy task

I'm sure the census taker was at least as happy about that as you were :)
That can't be an easy task
I imagine he's probably also happy to be taking the cenus where I live...

Especially if he finds driving from house to house in the open air on a slightly cool but otherwise beautiful day is more enjoyable if not actually easier than going from building to building and waiting for dozens of apartment dwellers to come to the door one at a time to answer all of the census questions one by one.

Attachments

• 20220518_131058.jpg
    20220518_131058.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 9
A young woman came to our 6-unit bldg. at 10:30am. Three of us did it online, one in person, and one PH is empty.
The owner of the 6th unit didn't answer his doorbell even though we all knew he was home!
The census takers get paid $6,000 pesos for today's work.

11:30am, Palermo SOHO. Buzzed the portero, went down, gave her the digital census code, she penciled it down on the form, asked how many people live in the apt and off she went.

Still waiting here, in Palermo Chico, and there’s not too much time left for the census takers to come by.

18 May 2022 at 7:44pm
"We will attend to the homes that were left without a census," said Marcos Lavagna, and added: "We will use different mechanisms to verify those homes....These mechanisms will be published on the official website https://www.censo.gob.ar/.

In particular, those who have not received the visit of a census taker but completed the digital census will already be counted as a completed census. "Those who did the digital census, we have the data. We take them as valid census data and we will be using them," said Lavagna.
...Minutes ago, the agency informed LA NACION that the people who were not registered in the census will have to resort to the communication channels, mail ([email protected]) and toll-free telephone line (0800-345-2022), to report the situation. Then, during the course of the following week, the census takers will visit the homes again....

The census taker rang my doorbell at noon. I invited her into the building where she could sit while taking my data. I asked Carla if any resident had informed her that three units are vacant. No one had, so I provided the unit numbers that she recorded. I was the last one in the building to do the census. I answered questions on education, number of children, and the year I moved to Argentina and others.

Well, nobody came by here, so that’s it I suppose.
Update:
18 May 2022
What to do if you were not visited by a census taker: send an e-mail to [email protected]: indicating in the subject
“No fui censado/a”
and provide the following information:

nombre, provincia, partido/departamento, localidad, calle, número, piso y departamento, email de contacto y número de teléfono.
(name, province, district/department, locality, street, number, floor and apartment, contact e-mail and telephone number).

The agency announced that a "recovery stage" will be carried out between May 19 and 22, in which census takers will visit the homes that were not visited "so that the entire population is correctly counted".

yesterday they set up a little table in our lobby. went down, gave the code, told them how many people, that was it. took about 1 minute, and i got a sticker too :)

Back