Medical check for work contract

DK72

Registered
Apparently before you get to the point of signing a work contract, you are obliged (by law, I guess) to do a medical check. A couple of years ago my wife was about to sign a temporary contract, but then the blood test in the medical check said she was pregnant (we barely knew ourselves at that time as it was only into the first or second week). As a result she didn't get the job (although it was only a temporary contract for 6 months). It goes without saying that in Europe or in the US this would be seen as scandalous (or simply illegal). Now she is about to start another work, and she has to undertake another medical check. Let's hope there is no pregnancy this time.

It is a really strange one as all the laws here are meant to protect the so called "weaker part" (employee, tenants ... ); so what is this medical check about?

I think they also do some kind of psychiatric assessment, good job I’ve never needed to get a job in Argentina…

Suppose it’s along the same lines as the stupid ‘apto fisico’ you have to get for the likes of sending your child to kindergarten

I think they also do some kind of psychiatric assessment, good job I’ve never needed to get a job in Argentina…

Suppose it’s along the same lines as the stupid ‘apto fisico’ you have to get for the likes of sending your child to kindergarten
When the time ever comes to give up my remote work, then I will definitely start to think about moving back. Or go into retirement here.

So the check today was also about the first menstruation (probably some 20 years back) ... , all kind of intimate questions, an x-ray scan; and the result goes straight to the company. WTF!

Back