Megatlon - Updated Prices?

quijotesca

Registered
Hello!

Would anyone be able to give me an idea of the current prices for joining the Megatlon gym? I was considering Classic Plus. Would be interested in month contract v. 6 month contract v. year contract, all as a new member.

Thanks!

I paid ARS 3,000 for the 12-month membership a year ago. Back then they raised their prices a week after I signed up, and last week the girl at the front desk told me they had updated their rates by 20% once again, so it should be around ARS 4,000 / 4,500 for the BASIC membership.

I checked out the prices today at Megatlon's Barrio Norte location. They are much higher than what I found at a comparable facility nearby which I ended up joining instead (see below)... but here are the rates for reference. These rates are for Classic and Classic Plus, and therefore exclude Platinum and Platinum Plus locations.

1 month, 760 pesos/month.
3 months, 1 payment of 1800 pesos (600 pesos/month).
6 months, 1 payment of 3150 pesos (525 pesos/month).

I could not buy a 5 month membership pro-rated at the 3-month rate. I was told I could buy the 3-month package and then pay the 1-month rate for the two additional months, or buy the 6-month package.

Their Barrio Norte location has an on-site medic who will fulfil the requirement of the medical exam for 80 pesos.

A locker rental for 6 months is 687,50. Daily rentals not available.

WELLclub, with access to all 5 locations in Recoleta and Palermo costs:

1 month, 495 pesos/month.
3 months, 1 payment of 1380 pesos (460 pesos/month).
6 months, 1 payment of 2500 pesos (417 pesos/month).

It was no problem to get a 5-month membership prorated at the 3-month package rate.

No charge for daily locker rental.

I didn't ask about annual memberships at either of these gyms -- but that's where the deals start, and would be your best bet if you're here long term.

I called the Nuñez location a few days ago. As the category of this particular location is "platinum plus," one single month is $1,100 pesos, a year is over $8,000 pesos (I don't remember the specific amount).

FYI-- yesterday-2019- I just renewed my gym membership and paid 18,336.00 for a Classic Plus for one year at Megatlon.
It is a lot-- but for me it is well worth it---great trainer, location and used credit card to pay for it.

FYI-- yesterday-2019- I just renewed my gym membership and paid 18,336.00 for a Classic Plus for one year at Megatlon.
It is a lot-- but for me it is well worth it---great trainer, location and used credit card to pay for it.

good price around 40 usd a month is awesome

Megatlon is expensive, I've been a member since 2000. I go for the cheapest "regular" Megatlon plan (which includes the older gyms), if you pay for a year or 2 years in advance, you get a better deal. I continue to go there because I have a lot of friends there, so it's a social thing too. The good thing about Megatlon are the branches around the city, so if you work in a different part of the city, or go to a friend's place in a different neighborhood, you can usually find a Megatlon close by. I started in a new gym on Ayacucho between Juncal and Arenales called "IAS - Instituto de Acctividades para la Salud" http://institutoias.com.ar/ which this location is only a year old, so all the equipment is new, very clean workout and shower area, and about 1/3 the price of Megatlon. There are 4 branches around the city. There are cheaper gyms than Megatlon, it just depends on what you're looking for.

Back