Mendoza help pls?

Canick

Registered
I have very good friends who are coming to stay a week with me over Xmas and New years in Ba.

However, on sat 29th and sun 30th of dec they will be doing a side trip on their own to Mendoza...and I have never been.

about them:
This is their first trip "solo" since their kids were born 7 years ago...and I want to help make it special.
They are in their mid 40's and in their previous lives have travelled extensively. They enjoy everything from trekking through Nepal and India, to taking sun all day by a pool in a five star hotel.

They will be in Mendoza for such a short time at the peak of holiday season. I hope that wont be a problem with things being open...

1) Can anyone recommend from their own experiences a great hotel? good places to eat?
(after 7 years they don't mind spending $)

2) where to go, what to do to enjoy the experience? they have two full days and nights there.

many thanks in advance...
n

They will be in Mendoza for such a short time at the peak of holiday season. I hope that wont be a problem with things being open...

1) Can anyone recommend from their own experiences a great hotel? good places to eat?
(after 7 years they don't mind spending $)

2) where to go, what to do to enjoy the experience? they have two full days and nights there.

many thanks in advance...
n

Hi N,

I live in San Rafael 150 miles away and don't get up there too much but if they're only there for two days they will not have any problems filling the time. HOWEVER, tell them to be careful, they have had some pretty blatant crimes against tourists, especially, up there in the last couple of years.

Tell them to look on the net for apts for rent. We found a nice little safe apt right off the main street downtown that was small but modern and nice. Wish I could remember the name for you. PLENTY of wine tours, etc....

If you want to tell them about San Rafael it's much smaller and totally geared to tourists also. The Valley Grande is 30 mins away, they might want to stay up in the canyon. There are many nice little cabanas up there and it would be extremely romantic for them.

A few suggestions....

TC

best restaurant (with price to match) : Azafran. Have them splurge on a nice private wine tour with 10 course lunch kind of thing, and maybe an Alta Montaña tour or adventure half-day activity if they like the outdoors.

Back