Mendoza/san Martin Primary Schools, Housing, Climbing?

Tina McDowell

Registered
Any recommendations for schools for a 6 and 8 year old in Mendoza or San Martin de los Andes? My family and I are moving next June for a year or two and are considering those cities; I'm coming to visit next month to check out schools and areas.

Our kids don't yet speak spanish so we would like a school that could help ease the transition. We aren't as concerned with academics as we we are with them getting used to the language and culture. Bilingual schools might be an option, but some of them look to be quite serious academically? We are open to alternative-type schools too.
I've emailed at least a dozen but I have had a hard time getting answers back. We are are wondering how hard it is to enroll in June or July (looks to be tough), how they might accommodate extranjero kids, things like that. Thoughts anyone?

I would also love neighbohood recommendations, long-term rental help.. and if there are any rock climbers out there I'd like to check out local climbing when I'm there, so a guide or group would be sweet. But the schools are the main thing.
Thanks!
--Tina
For backround, my husband and I biked toured through S.Am. for over a year, but it was pre-kid. Looking at things through a totally different lens now.

The user "Patagone" lived (still lives?) in San Martin de los Andes, he may have advice on schools. He's a pretty serious cyclist too, if you did cycling there maybe you met him. He's Dutch.

The club andino is a good place to check out the climbing scene. There are chapters all over the country.

https://www.facebook.com/Club-Andino-Patagónico-464549170282880/

Friends of ours have two 5 year-olds in kindergarten in a state school in San Martin and haven't been too impressed with the quality of education there. The mom was a kindergarten teacher in BA for many years so her opinion may have some merit.

I did a bit of research when I was thinking about moving there and thought this looked interesting.

http://www.escueladelsolsma.com.ar

Mendoza likely has more options but I'm not familiar enough to comment.

Hi Tina,

Did you ever get any good information on schools in San Martin? We have a 12, 9 and 7 year old and are looking at moving there for a few months starting in September 2018.

Thanks,
Matt

Any recommendations for schools for a 6 and 8 year old in Mendoza or San Martin de los Andes? My family and I are moving next June for a year or two and are considering those cities; I'm coming to visit next month to check out schools and areas.

Back