Mexican Ambassador to Argentina caught shoplifting in the Ateneo Bookstrore.

Remember, the guy was 76. Senility is always lurking, when you get up there. Maybe he doesnt even remember doing it.
I thought of that, too, but then watched the video and saw him hide the book inside his paper. That looks clearly like shoplifting.

People from poor to quite wealthy shoplift across the globe. I’ll bet it wasn’t his first time. Unfortunate that he didn’t consider his public position before risking it.
I thought of that, too, but then watched the video and saw him hide the book inside his paper. That looks clearly like shoplifting.

Shoplifting or kleptomania is a rush of adrenalin for some people be them rich or poor. Surveys show that upper middle class people are just as likely to pilfer as the poor .

What an idiot. Hope he isn't typical of the Mexican diplomatic corps.

Remember, the guy was 76. Senility is always lurking, when you get up there. Maybe he doesnt even remember doing it.
I don't think senility had anything to do with it. The guy was engaging in some "cheap thrills" not realizing that in this town there are cameras everywhere. What country is going to appoint a foreign ambassador post to somebody who is senile?.

I don't think senility had anything to do with it. The guy was engaging in some "cheap thrills" not realizing that in this town there are cameras everywhere. What country is going to appoint a foreign ambassador post to somebody who is senile?.
In the US at least, ambassadors are appointed mostly to reward big campaign donors. They have no diplomatic background, and may even be senile. No matter what, political debts must be paid.

Appears he stole again, this time in Ezeiza airport(!) just before catching his return flight to Mexico.

If true, this is pretty obviously an illness.

Yes seems he's a wacko. Maybe that's why they sent him to a dysfunctional country?

I read in Perfil that a while ago he had a frontal-lobe brain tumor extirpated. Any disturbance in that part of the brain can cause behavior problems. He's obviously a sick man.

I doubt his decisions are any more ridiculous than those of Argentine politicians.

Back