Migracions - CUIL Advice?

talktalk

Registered
So I was mistaken as it turns out. I have to go to Migraciones to begin the process so I can get my CUIL in order to work "en blanco".

Does anyone have any experience with this that they can share? Can anyone offer me some practical advice?

Is your employer registered with migraciones to hire foreigners? It doesn't sound like it since they told you to get a "paper" from the US Embassy so you could get a CUIL.

If they are registered, you will need a document from them (I forget what it's called) as well as several additional documents to receive temporary residency: state issued certified copy of your birth certificate and FBI report (both require the Apostille and must be translated and legalized in Argentina) and an Argentine criminal report. The FBI report may take two to three months.

After temporary residency is granted you can go to ANSES to get your CUIL.

Thanks Steve. I believe they are registered with migraciones. The misunderstanding was from my end. They told me correctly to go to migraciones.

My other question is whether or not I should be worried that I've been doing the 90 day visa renewal for two years now when I go to migraciones. I'm to bring my passport I assume?

Have they issued you your "pre-contrato"? It is your preliminary work contract. That is the first step. They will need to provide you with your signed precontrato and documentation of their registration to employ extranjeros. You will take these with you to Migraciones. Do you have all your other paperwork as well - Apostilled FBI report, long firm birth certificate notarized, local crim report, etc?

In re passport - no, don't worry about the fact that you've been here as a tourist for 2 years. Not a big deal.

talktalk said:
Thanks Steve. I believe they are registered with migraciones. The misunderstanding was from my end. They told me correctly to go to migraciones.

My other question is whether or not I should be worried that I've been doing the 90 day visa renewal for two years now when I go to migraciones. I'm to bring my passport I assume?

You will need regular photocopies of every page of your passport. If the photo page includes the Spanish words for name, date of birth, place of birth, etc. you do not need to have a legalized translation of it.

Do you know under which category are you going to apply for the legal residency?

Because it sounds like they just told you to get legal residency. And guess what? unless you have a child or spounse argentine you cannot apply. The other option is that they are already registered but in that case they should do your papers the first time.

If they are not, you can consider yourself fired, in that case send me a PM for starting the labor case.

If you want to become legal and you don t fullfit the immigration standars, you can apply straigh for citizenship, take a look at my site.
Regards

Ah, I see...very helpful city girl, Steve, and bajo_cero. Thank you. I haven't been issued an "pre-contrato" yet. Essentially, they said that I have to go to migraciones to get the process started but from your posts, it doesn't look that way.

I'm going to email them today to see what they say about the "pre-contrato".

In order to make a turno (on line) with migraciones you must first get your criminal report (antecedentes penales) in Argentina. This report is only good for 60 days and it will take at least that long to get your FBI report.

The waiting time for a turno at migraciones is only about a week. The first thing you need to do (if you are able to get the precontracto) do is get your fingerprints taken (you can download the form from the FBI website). I'd make three or four copies and send the one that has the best prints. I know few do this, but I also know from experince that the Policia Federal are used to taking mutiple sets. They took four sets of my fingerprints when I applied for citizenship.

If you can't get the precontracto you don't need to get the FBI report or any of the other documents.

You can, however, apply for citizenship. You will need help form someone like Bajo_cero2, but you won't have to send for any documents (not even your birth certificate if you are living in Capital Federal). I don't think you will be able to legally work until your citizenship is granted, however. That can take up to a year.

Back