Milei is getting inflation under control (graph)

better wait till 19;00 gmt; than you can really say if it's declining or not.

Between 2019 and 2021 was a correction (if you have the slightest idea how markets work) ,,,, not even a trend decline.

One could easily deceive by magnifying 6 months and hiding/omission of 6 years.

Last edited:
Between 2019 and 2021 was a correction (if you have the slightest idea how markets work) ,,,, not even a trend decline.

One could easily deceive by magnifying 6 months and hiding/omission of 6 years.
Good point you reminded me that statistics don't prove anything, since most are manipulated by governments which have an incentive to show prices lower. Just like the statistics showing a decline between 2019 and 2021 were no doubt fraudulent.

A better indicator is the gold price denominated in Argentine pesos. If we check that at goldprice.org it shows people are expecting inflation to go up, and so are bidding up the price of gold.

That said, the economic logic behind cutting government spending = less money chasing after limited goods = lower prices is correct. We will have to wait for the evidence in the gold price as Milei is doing the right things.

Last edited:
Don't put words in my mouth.
Since you're the only one talking about fraudulence, would you also accept that your zoom in 6 months chart is blatantly in your face fraudulent?

The chart shows 6 years trend. It doesn't show fraudulence. Doesn't even show any meaningful recent decline. (Every thing else the same).

Definition of projection: accusing others of your own short comings.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240814-113942.png
    Screenshot_20240814-113942.png
    324.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
If it holds at 4% a month for the next 12 months it’s still 60% inflation YoY!
Crazy to think that double digit inflation seems "normal" and a welcome relief after almost two years of triple digit inflation.
"Just" 60% is like going back to 2019... perhaps by the end of the decade it will be down to single digits as it was pre-2009...

I noticed that Milei's government caused severe climate changes in Argentina.

milei-climate.png

Since Milei assumed office in December, the average daily temperature in Buenos Aires has dropped by more than 10 degrees Celsius.

If this trend continues, six months from now the temperature will drop below zero, and we will see some snow this December.

Some people will say that the Servicio Meteorológico de la Nación is lying, but I don't think so.

Last edited:
Back