Milei is getting inflation under control (graph)

I'm gonna sound like a broken record, but 4% is still not something to celebrate; even Alberto and Massa had it down to around 6% at one point and all the LLA trolls on Twitter were calling for their heads, yet it's somehow a masterclass in economics now.

I'm very doubtful about how much lower it can fall as the macro economy has been thrown in to recession to get this result (which, again, if it were 4% a year I'd give him credit, but this is still 48% annualized). My bills haven't been rising by "only" 4% and I assume the same with others as well. The floor, IMO is going to be something like 3% and change, and then we'll start getting the Cristina like Tweets from guys with usernames like @BasedMileiCommunistKiller1488 saying it's all a conspiracy by gays and the banks to make Milei look bad when inflation is still almost 40%/year, salaries are pulverized, and GDP continues to shrink.

The expensas for my parking went up from 20.000 to 110.000 in one year while the school of children increase 100% with the USD frozen. So he had inflation in hard currency of over 100% while the inflation in usd of the former goverment was negative.

Here is a graph from this article which shows the progress made so far. Yes, prices are still going up. But the rate of growth has slowed - largely because Milei has cut government spending.

View attachment 9884

Partially true..???
Inflation went up to 25 % because of Milei's devaluation of 300% plus. Must compare with previous Massa inflation to around 8% in Nov 2023..! So the merit is to reduce from 8 to 4 %.
Also the Story of the 17,000 plus rate of running inflation is a fake news....! a lie.

Price inflation, as measured by the consumer price measure, just hit an all time monthly low of 4% since Milei assumed office. Graph here shows all the monthly declines: https://economicorder.substack.com/p/mileis-disinflation-true-and-false

However the monetary base - i.e. money supply - has been increasing. There are a few polices he needs to stop from the previous administration to sustain the apparent decline in prices: https://economicorder.substack.com/p/whats-going-on-with-milei-caputos

Price inflation, as measured by the consumer price measure, just hit an all time monthly low of 4% since Milei assumed office. Graph here shows all the monthly declines: https://economicorder.substack.com/p/mileis-disinflation-true-and-false

However the monetary base - i.e. money supply - has been increasing. There are a few polices he needs to stop from the previous administration to sustain the apparent decline in prices: https://economicorder.substack.com/p/whats-going-on-with-milei-caputos
The monitary base is 100% more and the USD is falling. This is the recipe of the perfect storm.

The expensas for my parking went up from 20.000 to 110.000 in one year while the school of children increase 100% with the USD frozen. So he had inflation in hard currency of over 100% while the inflation in usd of the former goverment was negative.
Never in human history has there been one case of inflation that Is not couped with the devaluacion of that currency . In just one year in Buenos Aires prices in us dollars went up over 100 percent . For example Turkey .Syria Zimbabwe have high inflation but in us dollars are very cheap . Argentina inflation of 4 percent per month in hard currency Is brutal . This means in just one year nearly everything in us dollars Will be double today . Health care. Expensas. Taxis. Food etc etc . Coffee is now inching 3 dollars a cup and a standard meal at night is 25 dollars minimum . Will you be willing to pay 50 dollars for this meal and 6 dollars a cup of coffee ?

Never in human history has there been one case of inflation that Is not couped with the devaluacion of that currency . In just one year in Buenos Aires prices in us dollars went up over 100 percent . For example Turkey .Syria Zimbabwe have high inflation but in us dollars are very cheap . Argentina inflation of 4 percent per month in hard currency Is brutal . This means in just one year nearly everything in us dollars Will be double today . Health care. Expensas. Taxis. Food etc etc . Coffee is now inching 3 dollars a cup and a standard meal at night is 25 dollars minimum . Will you be willing to pay 50 dollars for this meal and 6 dollars a cup of coffee ?
You think 4% a month amounts to double in one year? Check your math. (Forgetting about all the rest of the things we could say about the post.)

You think 4% a month amounts to double in one year? Check your math. (Forgetting about all the rest of the things we could say about the post.)
Its at least 60 percent More as inflation Is compounded from last months base . Food by the way Is going up much faster than 4 percent per month meaning 100 percent Is a possible estimate

Back