Milei Says He’s the Future of Argentina

The posted article does a decent job of explaing the many red flags to the readers outside of Argentina.
“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it”. Many who post opinions here would do well to ask knowledgeable people who were here or read and study about how life was here in the past, and which governments built the city and social structure that many come here to enjoy instead of parroting propaganda.

Mr. Milei and his plan will mean Apocalypsis and Armageddon for nativ‌e Argentines and for expats on a budget.

Last edited:
“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it”. Many who post opinions here would do well to ask knowledgeable people who were here or read and study about how life was here in the past, and which governments built the city and social structure that many come here to enjoy instead of parroting propaganda.

Mr. Milei and his plan will mean Apocalypsis and Armageddon for nativ‌e Argentines and for expats on a budget.
Expats on a budget should not be ANY sort of priority for the government and people of Argentina. I wonder to what extent fear of Milei among expats is driven by anxiety that dollarization would reult in a higher COL for expats (even though it could very well stablize the economy and improve life for the majority). Change is hard for people to accept when it threatens their status quo. As for Milei's ability to effect positive change, I cannot say but I am willing to listen to his ideas and consider them before pronouncing judgmnent.

I wonder to what extent fear of Milei among expats is driven by anxiety that dollarization would reult in a higher COL for expats (even though it could very well stablize the economy and improve life for the majority).
Yeah, I believe very strongly that Milei is the best choice, and that his policies would be very good for Argentina in the long run, especially dollarization/central bank elimination. However, that would make life in Argentina much more expensive for me, therefore, my natural inclination if I'm voting my own self-interest is to oppose Milei.

In effect, even people primed to like Milei-ism, such as me, people who believe that it will undoubtedly, finally, get Argentina back on track after all these lost decades . . . still look for reasons not to like him, because I know that under him my lifestyle in Argentina drops massively.

Imagine how strong that impulse to find fault and protect your own interest is if you don't understand or believe in the benefits of dollarization!

Yeah, I believe very strongly that Milei is the best choice, and that his policies would be very good for Argentina in the long run, especially dollarization/central bank elimination. However, that would make life in Argentina much more expensive for me, therefore, my natural inclination if I'm voting my own self-interest is to oppose Milei.

In effect, even people primed to like Milei-ism, such as me, people who believe that it will undoubtedly, finally, get Argentina back on track after all these lost decades . . . still look for reasons not to like him, because I know that under him my lifestyle in Argentina drops massively.

Imagine how strong that impulse to find fault and protect your own interest is if you don't understand or believe in the benefits of dollarization!
You are honest to admit self-interest. The irony is that a lot of expats benefit from the suffering of Argentines. They can enjoy a lifestyle not possible in their home countries. The same goes for all the North Americans living in Mexico. The counter argument is that they bring money to Argentina. And that is true. As for Milei...the cornerstone of his policies is dollarization. After that he wants to reform labor law, reform education and medicine. Reduce public spending. I doubt that he would end public hospitals or do more than make some people pay modest fees for public university education, however. One can speculate about social rightwingism but I really doubt that would be in the cards or that it would fly in Argentina.

Back