Milei's views explained in English by El Pais

Milie: "The Argentine problem is that the solution is in the hands of the problem: the politicians. I’m the only one who speaks of an economic program designed for 35 to 50 years. If you get stuck in the short term, it all ends badly."

Do we need to wait 35 to 50 years to see results? What are the short-term benefits of his plan?

Milei: "You have a 45% poverty rate, you have 10% [of people] indigent. There are five million people who do not eat in Argentina (in a country of 46 million) when Argentina produces enough food for 400 million human beings and the tax burden is 70%. That is to say, the state takes the food of 280 million human beings and there are five million who don’t eat."

What is his plan for feeding the five million starving people?

There are five million people who do not eat in Argentina ...
This is a fascinating fact. You might consider writing about it for the 'Journal of Applied Physiology.'
What is his plan for feeding the five million starving people?
In principle, does anarcho-capitalism address these kinds of challenges? I believe the idea is that once governmental control is removed, these problems will resolve on their own.

From another Milei recent interview

Milei: "My natural allies are the United States and Israel."

Q. In the case of the Falklands Islands – a major issue for Argentina’s foreign policy – you propose replicating the transfer of sovereignty from Hong Kong to China made by the United Kingdom.

Milei:
"Yes, it was a virtuous exit, without a warlike conflict. Why can’t you copy the things that were done well? It has to be a solution that satisfies [the UK], that satisfies Argentina and that satisfies those who live on the islands."

So under Milei can we expect more US military bases?

Here's a link to a 2018 article regarding the US military bases in Argentina https://www.peoplesworld.org/article/oil-rich-neuquen-argentina-site-of-a-new-u-s-military-base/

Back