(Modern) dance / music / performance ... dónde ?

mkub3905

Registered
Would anyone know of any upcoming events, or sources to find, venues to look into, or be able to make ANY recommendations (whatsoever) of MODERN PERFORMANCES (sorry tango, you're legit (very legit), but...) of dance, music, 'performance art'...., or ANY other opportunities within Buenos Aires (preferably within the next few weeks)?
(i suspect, that it being the end of summer, with much of the population on holiday, the pickings will be slim nonetheless...)

Here are a few places that arent closed right now- but it is definitely vacation time.

Artlab does all kinds of events, its a nice space in Villa Crespo
CC Matienzo is art, music, and performance. Havent been to the new location yet, but they have some events in January. Funky, young, everything from poetry to punk to life drawing.
CC Recoleta is a big government run space next to the Recoleta Cementario. I dont think there are performances this month.
Camping has young indie and electronic bands, outside, great for hot nights.

The city website isnt bad- here, for example, is their "dance matrix". https://buenosaires.gob.ar/cultura/matrizparaladanza

The Usina del Arte would be the perfect place to be. I wast there a few years ago. But everything is close now.
It's in the neighborhood of La Boca. The building is beautiful, it’s a former power plant that was constructed over 100 y.o.

Would anyone know of any upcoming events, or sources to find, venues to look into, or be able to make ANY recommendations (whatsoever) of MODERN PERFORMANCES (sorry tango, you're legit (very legit), but...) of dance, music, 'performance art'...., or ANY other opportunities within Buenos Aires (preferably within the next few weeks)?
(i suspect, that it being the end of summer, with much of the population on holiday, the pickings will be slim nonetheless...)
Check out the web page of Teatro General San Martin/Complejo teatral de Buenos Aires, to see if there is anything available. During the summertime most artists go on tour to other turistic cities in the country like Mar del Plata or Villa Carlos Paz, Cordoba.

You can check out Fandango Teatro. They have a venue in Luis Viale 108, where they offer different shows every week.

Back