Moleskine notebooks?

elex

Registered
Anyone know where I can find them in BA?

For those of you who aren't familiar here's what the look like: www.moleskine.com

Maybe a paperie or bookstore? Wondering if anyone has seen them around.

Thanks

At Mercado Libre

Also

Librería Distal de Florida between Sarmiento y Corrientes streets.

or

Librería Distal, sucursal de Av Santa Fe y Sanchez de Bustamante.

or

Malba, Museo de Arte Latinoamericano de Buenos Aires
Avenida Pres. Figueroa Alcorta 3415
Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires, Argentina
(0)11 4808 6500
Open Mon,Wed-Sun 12pm-8pm

or

Librería Saturno, Avenida Callao entre Corrientes y Lavalle

Lucas -

I really have to say thanks for nothing. You sent me on a wild goose chase yesterday. None of the places you mentioned carried them or anything even remotely similar.

You sounded confident in your response so I trusted you, but in the end I just wasted time.

Lucas said:
At Mercado Libre

Also

Librería Distal de Florida between Sarmiento y Corrientes streets.

or

Librería Distal, sucursal de Av Santa Fe y Sanchez de Bustamante.

or

Malba, Museo de Arte Latinoamericano de Buenos Aires
Avenida Pres. Figueroa Alcorta 3415
Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires, Argentina
(0)11 4808 6500
Open Mon,Wed-Sun 12pm-8pm

or

Librería Saturno, Avenida Callao entre Corrientes y Lavalle

elex said:
Lucas -

I really have to say thanks for nothing. You sent me on a wild goose chase yesterday. None of the places you mentioned carried them or anything even remotely similar.

You sounded confident in your response so I trusted you, but in the end I just wasted time.

Ouch. Bitter, are we?

Without Lucas you wouldn't have even known where to start. So you would have wasted even more time going from shop to shop. Did you ask at the shops you went to if they knew where else to go? If you don't know what it is you're looking for in Spanish then look it up on wordreference.com before you leave the house so you can find out.

I have three more suggestions for locations, but with your attitude I don't know if it's just a waste of time telling you.

The Papelera Palermo has a lot of fine stationery products in stock, and lucky you they probably speak english so you can ask them if they don't have what you want.

Then there is a new social stationery store on Uriarte about Costa Rica I believe, I don't know what it's called, I've just walked by a few times, perhaps someone else on the board will be able to give more details (although not if they keep getting snipey no thanks to you responses for trying to help)

And then in Solar de la Abadia there is a fine stationery store upstairs that has lots of notebooks etc, they probably have one for you but at the risk it's a waste of your time, maybe you shouldn't bother going to look.

What is wrong with the average notebook? Those ones look fancy and trendy! The typical ones cost like 10 pesos and you can find them everywhere!!

Support Argentine notebook factories!!!

Hey...I was also looking for a moleskine recently..I didn´t find an original moleskine but in Alto Palermo on the ground floor there is a small stationary stall..which has some quite similar...I am really fussy about my stationary and the paper quality is nice with these ones..like I said they are similar..a little expensive but not too bad...I don´t want to send you on a wild goose chase though...just if you are passing by there have a look! : )

Thanks for the additional tips.

Malba does not have them, I believe they did in 2009.

I found a nice looking one in an art supply store on Santa Fe (I believe), but didn't buy it because I had the hopes of getting the moleskine.

I asked and asked, but it seems like 'adult diaries' are few and far between here. Found a lot of children's diaries and flimsy notebooks, but nothing that appeared as if it would last the wear and tear of daily use.

Back