moooore STEAK.

cassiem13

Registered
I have a friend visiting me, she's been here for 2 weeks and I've taken her to all my go-to steak places, but we want to do one more for her last night (tonight) here, and I thought it would be a good chance to try somewhere new. Where do you go? Some prereq's (just to be difficult): We don't wanna spend more than $100 for the two of us, and she wants a place that serves potatoes (but not fries?) with the steak. But the money thing is more important; I'd love to hear all suggestions. Thanks!

Roselia's on Scalabrenie Ortez. I don't know what potatoes they have other than fries but their fries are the best I've ever had.

Tom

A friend told me about Sigue La Vaca on Monroe in the Belgrano area. It is an all you can eat place. Haven't tried it yet so don't know about the potatoes. Maizales is a buffet and has boiled potatoes and a fixed price +drink and tip on Monroe and Vidal. We had an expats lunch there last week.

If there are just two of you try Oporto Scalabrini 2010.
Ask for the Phillippe segundo $67 there is a mountain of steak, a mountain of fries (sorry but they are very good) two fried eggs and peppers.
This is to share and if you can eat it all the waiter will be well impressed, well he was with us, but I still feel stuffed two days later.

Oh and watch them cut it in half for you, with a spoon.

tangobob said:
If there are just two of you try Oporto Scalabrini 2010.
Ask for the Phillippe segundo $67 there is a mountain of steak, a mountain of fries (sorry but they are very good) two fried eggs and peppers.
This is to share and if you can eat it all the waiter will be well impressed, well he was with us, but I still feel stuffed two days later.

Oh and watch them cut it in half for you, with a spoon.

Ooooh that all sounds very exciting! Do you know what cut of steak or is it one of those parrilladas completas with a billion different kinds? My friend actually doesn't even like steak, but has been (of course) loving it here... but only really bife de lomo. Even if I don't go with her, though, that's going on my to-do list :)

And I think anywhere is going to just have fries, she just got spoiled because I took her to Dada, which has amazing potatoes au gratin with their amazing steak.

cassiem13 said:
Ooooh that all sounds very exciting! Do you know what cut of steak or is it one of those parrilladas completas with a billion different kinds? My friend actually doesn't even like steak, but has been (of course) loving it here... but only really bife de lomo. Even if I don't go with her, though, that's going on my to-do list :)

And I think anywhere is going to just have fries, she just got spoiled because I took her to Dada, which has amazing potatoes au gratin with their amazing steak.

I think it was lomo but I am not sure, I do know we got those "I wish I had ordered that" looks from others in the restaurant. We come back to BsAs every year and make a point of having this at least once.

Tom and I love Oporto, but usually hang out there for breakfast and wifi.
Nancy

Have you been to the Parrilla 22 on the corner of Voltaire and Carranza? Very cheap, and very delicious. Oh man its 2 blocks away from my place and I just cant resist it. There is also a place in Puerto Madero that has 70 pesos a person and you each get your own bottle of wine and all you can eat but I cant remember the name right now.. sorry! Hope you enjoy your cena!

Also... Kansas has "american" style where you actually get sides of potatoes and vegetables with your meat.

bfr5924 said:
Also... Kansas has "american" style where you actually get sides of potatoes and vegetables with your meat.

...and don't forget the gravy on top :D

Anyway here is Oporto address, tangobob miss the street number, I will check that one tangobob and hold you accountable by the recommendation :)

Oporto
Dirección:
Scalabrini Ortiz 2101
Palermo, C
Telefono: (54 11) 4831 0691
Categorias: Cafe. Pub. Restaurante.
Tipo de cocina: Minutas
Ambientacion: Moderno
Horarios: lunes a domingo de 7 a 1.

Back