More Rentista Questions

Does anyone know if this apostille is acceptable for the non-background check documents? Do state apostilles work, as long as its not for the FBI background check?

The state Apostille is exactly what you need for all of the other documents.

Steve: the whole thing looks like a poorly conceived loophole, as you're not required to prove that you'll be able to use your entire rental income to support yourself in Argentina (as opposed to paying most of it towards your mortgage).

And this may be one of the reasons rental income has not been an "easily accepted" source of income for the visa rentista in the past.

The state Apostille is exactly what you need for all of the other documents.

Sorry for all the questions - just want to do this right the first time -- is it OK that I get the DC state apostille for all the other documents even though the documents were all obtained in Michigan ?

Sorry for all the questions - just want to do this right the first time -- is it OK that I get the DC state apostille for all the other documents even though the documents were all obtained in Michigan ?

I believe a document must receive the Apostille in the state where it was issued/originated...and I believe that the Apostille should indicate that it is specifically for Migraciones Argentina. You probably already know from experience that the official translations must be done in Argentina and must include the Apostille.

Here is a quote from a brochure about the visa rentista that was provided by migraciones in 2010 regarding "proof" of income: "certificación del banco donde recribe su renta, en la que especifique la cantidad de dinero recibido en el último año, origen del mismo y que seguirá percibiendose."

My translation for this is that the foreigner is required to present "certification of the bank where he receives (deposits) his income which specifies the quantity of money received in the last year, the origin of the income, and demonstrates that the income will continue."

I provided a notarized letter from a bank officer that certified all of the above, but my income was from an irrevocable trust and not from property rentals, so the bank officer didn't have a problem signing the letter (which I actually wrote), knowing the income would continue.

Of course the letter was notarized and received the Apostille in the state in which it was written and then translated and legalized in Argentina prior to submission to migraciones.

another question re: apostille - i was going to use an expedited apostille service and they told me that while they could get the apostille for the FBI background check from the Us state department, the other documents (deed to my home, lease, bank statement, etc) would get the apostille from the DC state (not the US department of state).

Does anyone know if this apostille is acceptable for the non-background check documents? Do state apostilles work, as long as its not for the FBI background check?

Yes. I used them. You have to have the document apostiled from the same state where it was notarized.

Yes. I used them. You have to have the document apostiled from the same state where it was notarized.

Cool! Guess that means Im going to try to squeeze in one more trip to secretary of state (luckily theres an office nearby where i can do on-site apostille) before my flight tomorrow!

Back