Moreno Quits ... Tommorrow Holiday....?

Moreno's net worth up 20 % in last sworn statement....!! All his assets were in Argentine Bonds Dollar denominations....Plop :eek:

473x331_390229.jpg

http://www.clarin.co...1033096693.html

Títulos de deuda de Formosa en dólares por $ 7.918,74.
-Boden 2015, bono soberano en dólares por $ 134.431,36.
-BONAR X en dólares, a 2017 por $ 75.408,13.
-Bonos de deuda bonaerenses en dólares con vencimiento a 2017 por $ 49.392,80.
-Cupones atados al PBI en dólares bajo Ley Extranjera por $ 34.825.

Acciones de YPF SA, la petrolera estatal, por un valor de $ 102.762.

Exotic trade missions: Last year, Moreno headed a trade mission to Angola to underpin Argentina’s links with the African country. Dozens of businessmen traveled there, although no women were allowed (because, according to Moreno, Angola “was a dangerous destination for women”). He distributed balloons which said “Clarín Miente” (Clarín lies) among members of the trade mission, and delivered socks with the same inscription among African children.

I guess he'll have to translate those socks into italian now

Maybe lady K has turned a page in her management style because of her recent health issues. Realization of her mortality. Certainly hope so for the sake of Argentina.

Maybe lady K has turned a page in her management style because of her recent health issues. Realization of her mortality. Certainly hope so for the sake of Argentina.

No I think it was actually the poor party performance in the elections.

Anyone trading on the local Bolsa? Seems to be a lot of "emotional reactions" (dropping when the re-shuffle announced, rising today after Moreno goes) that you could take advantage of if you were quick.

I know nothing about trading, just that it seems to fluctuate a lot, not always with economic data as a driver.

I think Moreno was pushed aside by Kiciloff and probably in an ultimatum.
If Kiciloff is expected to do what he is being asked to do, how could he possibly do it with that rottweiller snapping at his rear end?

Bottom line is that Moreno and Kicillof do not get along , and with the Kicillof promotion , Moreno decided it was time to quit. Or get off the sinking ship before he and everyone else on it drowns.

I've lost count of the number of ministers of the economy they've had but after Lavagna the post basically became symbolic and subservient to Nestor and then to the cult of Moreno. There is no way the boy wonder with his satchel full of theories would have taken that post without a guarantee that Moreno would be jettisoned or his influence nullified. Moreno was given carte blanche to run roughshod over anything with his ad hoc hamfisted policy. At the very worst it will at least be a different face making a complete mess of things - a change is as good as a holiday.

I heard they'd had about nine economy ministers since 2005.
This entire reshuffle and the Moreno exit are symptoms of the bottom falling out of this particular ship.

Back