Most annoying thing I have EVER seen.

arty

Registered
So the gf and I decide to check out the Alamo yesterday to watch the NCAA play offs since it was the only place we know of open at that time (3pm) and showing the games. We get there and walk up to the bar and you will not believe what we saw- some douche bag with 3 laptops sitting AT the bar with them all open day trading. And not like small macbooks, I'm talking 17 inch monitors with full sized keyboards. I'm not sure about you guys but that's pretty much the rudest thing I have ever seen. Does anyone know who this prick is? Is this common for this guy to pull this crap?

Anyways, if anyone knows where we can watch the ALL the games, we would love to know about it.

Another question might be, why wasn't "management" concerned? For at least 6 months before this restaurant opened about 5-6 years ago, they had a rather large as in the Buenos Aires Herald, everyday. One thing that was mentioned was that they would have an English speaking staff. One day, after returning from a trip, soon after they opened for business, I went there for lunch. The waitress didn't speak or understand 1 single English word.

I agree with the fact that having three laptops at the bar is outrageous, but i happen to like the Alamo. I've been here for 7 months and have had 0 issues with the bar staff speaking english. As a matter of fact, I consider some of them my close friends.

I have seen from time to time the DJ with his laptop out at the bar playing songs, which in and of itself I thought was odd, but to have three 17 inch monitors out on the bar is absolutely retarded. Next time I would just make it known that you had a problem with it and see what the staff has to say. They're all pretty nice up there...

ha ha ha... if he was day trading on three computers it was probably the owner of the place!

What the f*** do you care if some guy is sitting at the bar with 3 computers! Watch the game, have a beer, kiss your GF and RELAX!!!

Get a life! Are you seriously "looking" for this guy?!?

Like SHPUNTER said: "it was probably the owner"

Fruitloops said:
What the f*** do you care if some guy is sitting at the bar with 3 computers! Watch the game, have a beer, kiss your GF and RELAX!!!

Get a life! Are you seriously "looking" for this guy?!?

Like SHPUNTER said: "it was probably the owner"

apparently you don't understand how a bar works, especially a crowded one.

the main bar is prime real estate where you want people who are drinking to come up and order. taking up 3 spots with your computers is pretty damn rude. and if he is the owner he's a real asshole and he should realize he should not take away business by posting up like that.

and no, im not looking for this prick, i was just curious if it was this asshole's typical m.o. it's pretty disrespectful to the other patrons of the bar. that bar lost two well paying people who would of sat there all day drinking and eating food so that selfish prick could take up 3 spots.

and congrats on your first post.

While I can see how "3 laptop" can be annoying, I have to agree to shpunter and Fruitloops here. We don't know what the guy's situation was. (ie on a deadline, no internet in his place, etc).

On the other hand, a lot of people do a lot of lame things. And we all have the right to complain about it. However, when you do so on a public forum, be prepared as the replies may be more infuriating than what you originally complained about.

peace dudes.

Back