Most Wtf Moment Ever

Irishche

Registered
I went to a place in san telmo on monday with my girlfriend, loved it because of the nice acoustic set. It was called medio y medio. We went there tonight, the place was packed and the music was really loud which I liked until I saw the woman jumping up and down beside the speaker with a baby who was no more than 2 weeks old. Screaming with her friends and jumping to the music as the rest of the bar looked on with open mouths. This went on for a long time and the band looked very uncomfortable, I said to the waitress "why is there a baby here? its 2AM?" she said that she would say something........2:30 arrives and I say it again, she says "what can I do, she is the owner!!!" I said "we're leaving"... IS THIS NORMAL? WTF???

Nope - not normal, nor sane. Never in my years of playing in a band do I ever recall anyone even bringing a baby of that age to into a bar, let alone standing in front of the speaker. The band really should have stopped playing or at least turned the music down to something like a home stereo level which is practically impossible unless the drummer is capable of controlling their volume, a skill that almost none of them possess. Baby's supposedly have amazing regenerative powers so maybe it will get lucky and avoid permanent damage to the ears, but having a psycho mom is another matter. There's a reason for the phrase "son of a b!*#ch".

Stupid parents happen. I think Argentina is 10 to 20 years behind in things like this. I see parents holding their kids in their laps sitting in the front seat of cars. They actually have told me that it's ok - they have a tight grip. Kids on bikes without helmets. I've seen infants in bike seats designed for older children and no helmet.

What about the crying mothers with (rented) infants begging for money on the street when it's scorching hot and the child is obviously dehydrated?

What about the crying mothers with (rented) infants begging for money on the street when it's scorching hot and the child is obviously dehydrated?

This, this is one of these things that pisses me off so much about Argentina. I work downtown, and the other morning the police were kicking this homeless guy out of the corner he was sleeping in infront of a Banco Ciudad, and I thought to myself how quaint it is they'll do that but this woman who camps out with her infant kids on Santa Fe & Uruguay every time I go past never get questioned/spoke to.

Maybe I'm just naïve, but isn't there a Children's Aid/CWS here? In the subway, on the street, begging in restaurants, all with police near by but nothing happens. I want to scream at these "mothers" that are basically pimps, whoring their children out for pity cash.

The venue owners would have gotten into some really bad s**t for allowing that to happen, especially after Cromagnon. somebody should have told her to leave the place, or people should have reported the venue. It is disgusting.

Nikad is right. before Cromagnon I used to take my son with me to salsa classes. The music was low volume because it was a class. After Cromagnon they wouldn't let me bring him in because the class was in a bar and kids aren't allowed in a bar like that.

[sup]When the waitress said "she's the owner" , she meant she was the owner of the bar!![/sup]

[sup]When the waitress said "she's the owner" , she meant she was the owner of the bar!![/sup]
WIth this being said, you just put the cherry on top of it all! WTFFFFFFFFFF!

Back