Moving back to BA from US and getting my retirement

You are better off depositing the SSA cheks in your US bank, and then wire monthly by WU. No problem.
Or you can open an account with Banco Piano.I do not know the exchange rate that they apply, you can call them.

I am a fan of minimalism. I dont possess unnecesary stuff. It is only that I would like to take with me a few things. Eventually I will give away furniture, but there are two pieces restored by myself that I would like to take with me.
Then you are more than half way there.

A last piece of advice ... given by the LATE, GREAT BRUCE WILLIAMS of Talk Net FAME ...

"NEVER LOVE ANYTHING THAT CAN'T LOVE YOU BACK!" Not sure if the idea was his or if he was quoting someone else ... but he sure hit the nail on the head with that one.

For shipping toy may call Shipping Services Argentina S.R.L.. Av. Julio A. Roca 610 Piso 3º. 5218-1200

Bank Macro has a plan for SSA recipients where they set up an account receive directly your SS payments and convert it to pesos at the official rate..!! NOT GOOD
Bank Macro has or had a plan? I like the small print on the letter: Note that a small foreign banking charge, currently the equivalent of $6.00 US, will be charged for this service by the US processing agent. The sign-up form I received years ago from the US Embassy already had my complete name and social security number.

3. Yes, but the problem is withdrawing from THERE (BA).

Well thew most traditional way is to transfer funds to the USA/foreign account to you landlord , attorney , accountant . doctor , friends, etc.

A new way i've found is to find someone that debits my CC at the blue rate , they invoice me for services? and give me the peso amount cash.

Mercy I am also planning on returning to B.A . MY wife is argentine and I am a perm resident . We were planning on returning in August ,but now that looks impossible. If you get any information on flights or if you are planning to ship anything maybe we could coordinate. We are in central Pennsylvania . By the way I have my SS deposited in my bank here and use western union to pick it up when I am down there.

Bank Macro has or had a plan? I like the small print on the letter: Note that a small foreign banking charge, currently the equivalent of $6.00 US, will be charged for this service by the US processing agent. The sign-up form I received years ago from the US Embassy already had my complete name and social security number.
Mercy I am also planning on returning to B.A . MY wife is argentine and I am a perm resident . We were planning on returning in August ,but now that looks impossible. If you get any information on flights or if you are planning to ship anything maybe we could coordinate. We are in central Pennsylvania . By the way I have my SS deposited in my bank here and use western union to pick it up when I am down there.

Congrats on the new adventure! We are in the same boat. I will let you know about any flight and I will keep you posted about the rest.
Keep in touch, Oldgringo! :)

Dear Mercy....I am a friend of God. After reading a few of the posts I have a further comment. You have no reason to notify you bank that you are not in the U.S. And they won't care either. I am in my 21st year away from the states...and my banks still love me...and my banks have a U.S. ADDRESS FOR MY ACCOUNT. Just stop all paper statements. You will need that U.S. address for any new credit cards when they expire. Get new credit cards with the longest life before you come. And...if all goes well...YOU WILL NEVER USE YOUR CREDIT OR DEBIT CARDS IN ARGENTINA. That is the eleventh commandment from God....God told me personally. Get any idea of card use of any kind out of your head. You will now be a cash guy/girl.
You are better off depositing the SSA cheks in your US bank, and then wire monthly by WU. No problem.
Or you can open an account with Banco Piano.I do not know the exchange rate that they apply, you can call them.
Oh my God, oh that's me, I forgot.........Don't get started on a heretics ides of wiring money to a bank account here. Whomever suggested that is not a true decipal. Go back to the first 4 commandments...and now there is another. Don't listen to non-believers. They are sinners. They are the very people who have not seen a Charlton Heston movie. They live without popcorn too.

Dear Mercy....I am a friend of God. After reading a few of the posts I have a further comment. You have no reason to notify you bank that you are not in the U.S. And they won't care either. I am in my 21st year away from the states...and my banks still love me...and my banks have a U.S. ADDRESS FOR MY ACCOUNT. Just stop all paper statements. You will need that U.S. address for any new credit cards when they expire. Get new credit cards with the longest life before you come. And...if all goes well...YOU WILL NEVER USE YOUR CREDIT OR DEBIT CARDS IN ARGENTINA. That is the eleventh commandment from God....God told me personally. Get any idea of card use of any kind out of your head. You will now be a cash guy/girl.

Oh my God, oh that's me, I forgot.........Don't get started on a heretics ides of wiring money to a bank account here. Whomever suggested that is not a true decipal. Go back to the first 4 commandments...and now there is another. Don't listen to non-believers. They are sinners. They are the very people who have not seen a Charlton Heston movie. They live without popcorn too.

I always try to use cash, first. I hate banks. AGAIN: I am frugal.

I always try to use cash, first. I hate banks. AGAIN: I am frugal.
It's very easy to get new plastic (CREDIT / DEBIT cards) when living abroad ... here is the method:

Your institution sends the new card to your EE UU address. Your EE UU (Family member most likely ...) recipient at he address sends them to you (INT'L OVERNIGHT ENVELOPE is better of you don't mind paying the fee for freight.) ... Once they arrive, activate them either on line or by letting your sender do it from their telephone (which should be the one of record on your account.) Now they are live and the process has been done after they are safely in your possession.

Back