Moving In March

kclane

Registered
Hi there!

Well, I am a newbie to the BA expats and wanted to say howdy from Texas! My friend and I are moving to Buenos Aires in March and need to find housing! Any advice? Also, what are the best working options in BA?

Gracias!

KC

Howdy! I'm from Texas too! How long are you staying? The temp. apartments can only be rented for less than 6 months while long term apartments are 2 years. Depends on what you're looking for.

I highly recommend ByT for temporary rentals. We are on six month contract through them now and about to sign on for another six months in the same apartment. Over the last four years we have used them many times and have had no issues with their service. The apartments are as advertised, they have the largest selection of temporary rentals on one website I have ever seen, and the website is easy to navigate. www.bytargentina.com.

I recommend renting something for one month or less when you get here and then scope out the neighborhoods. Then you can lock into a longer 6-month contract in the apartment you choose. Or if you are staying longer term you can try finding a more permanent solution. We didn't find that prices were that much lower for long-term rentals once we factored in having to furnish it, finding a guarantor, paying for all the expenses, etc. so we stuck with the six months at a time in a seasonal rental instead.

I have my apartment available since February the first. Is a 1 bedroom 40 sq meters in Barrio Norte. PM me if you are interested.

saludos

Longer term rentals are generally 2 years, unfurnished & require a guarantor (which usually has to have property backing in Buenos Aires). Most come through a real estate / property agent and require 2 months rent worth of commisions (up front) plus atleast 1 month rent worth of bond (sometimes 2). Then, also require 1 month rent in advance.

Back