moving soon! Question about mobile phones

jamila said:
If you phone is able does accessing wifi from your phone allow you to use the internet without additional charges?

Yes. Your phone does that function (WIFI) without going through the carrier at all. No additional charges.

One other thing, make sure your phone is unlocked. Virtually all US phones are locked to company you buy them from and can not be used by any other company. It´s not expensive in the US (maybe US$40-50) and sometimes you can even do it yourself (check the net). It can be done here, but I personally don´t trust local phone companies (the independent kind who sometimes unlock phones for you).

What company do you have in the US? and what make\model of cellphone? what software version? (if iphone)

Carlosgreat said:
What company do you have in the US? and what make\model of cellphone? what software version? (if iphone)

I have two phones that I can use. one is a smart phone. one is not
I have a motorola defy (MB525) android 2.2.1

the other is a samsung SGH-T749 (i forget what it is called)

I would prefer the smart phone if I am able to use it at a reasonable cost... if not i will get the other unlocked I guess

I just looked and it looks like the samsung (Impact/Highlight) will run on 3G but the motorola won't... interesting

Data on my Personal plan is $.25/day, charged only for the days it's used

Back