Moving Soon To Palermo

My husband and I are retired and have recently purchased an apartment on Av Dorrego at the edge of Palermo. Having some work done on the apartment and hope to be resident in Buenos Aires by December 2015.

I am a serious amateur photographer and love to cook Thai & Chinese food. Need to learn Spanish, of course. My partner and I have been together over 40 years. We are ready for this next adventure.

Steven & Steve
we are another of those strange people that got married. Contact us when you get to town

Again sorry for derailing the thread -
I had never delved into the issue of marriage before and I was/am actually curious!
Regarding the "ticking "normal" families off" - that was a misunderstanding: It doesn't tick ME off, I was wondering, for the first time, how wise it was (to the gay community) to push the limits beyond tolerance and acceptance.

Silly me, I didn't realize there was a new sheriff in town, I obviously deserve to be shot because even though I apologized, it's on the internet, so against the wall!!!

4LEyfZG.jpg

First let me say, I'm happy to hear from everyone, even Matt. Don't delete his post, let it be a learning moment. I never actually looked up the meaning of husband, thank you thorsten.

We are married to protect ourselves (medical decisions, retirement income and pensions, etc.) as a family and to protect our 19 year old son. He was 3 weeks old when "I" adopted him, as there were few rights for "us" back in 1996.

One reason we chose Argentina to retire in is the recognition of our relationship, which, up until June 2015, was not recognized in Georgia or Texas, where we live and where we are from, respectively.

I'm happy to get any reasonable questions. For my photo I chose one I call, "Wing over Buenos Aries."

Is there really no peanut butter in Argentina?

Steven
FLICKR stevensteven

Yes, there is peanut butter but the most "popular" brand (that just means I've seen it in more stores) is DAME MANI. The suave, crocante and extra-crocante (smoth, crunchy, and extra crunchy) taste a lot like the same versions of Peter Pan, Jiff, and Skippy.

The list of ingredients includes: Mani tostado (roasted peanuts) azucar (sugar,) estabilizante (stabilizer), and aciete vegetal totalamente hidrogenado (totally hydrogenated vegetable oil), and sal (salt).

In my opinion, Dami Mani doesn't come close to tasting as good as Laura Scudder's (100% natural). I found the "natural" version of Dami Mani 100% inedible.

Same goes for both the smooth and crunchy versions of the JL brand, but that's possibly because they have 0% trans fats.

Perhaps the best alternative is to buy roasted peanuts (sin piel) and make your own.
emo32.gif

Welcome, Steve and Steven.

Regarding peanut butter, I use Sytari Pasta de Mani...it's roasted pealed peanuts only and tastes the same as the same natural peanuts only peanut butter anywhere else. I get it at New Garden, and it's reasonably priced. New Garden is a chain found in Palermo and Recoleta nearer to Santa Fe.

Hopefully, meet ya at a coffee chat?

husband?
with all due respect, I just can't wrap my head around that.
Why not boyfriend, partner, love of your life?

I don't want to talk poitics, but it looks to me that you are.
are you having kids? is one of the husbands the mother?
then WHY? from a non political, just human point of view, why call it husband and husband when the term was/is meant for the two complementary humans that can potentially make a family?

are you planning on adopting or purchasing an egg? if not, then why not call it a corporation?
Is this whole thing just a tax issue?

there are so many heterosexual couples who are either childless or simply not married, but you guys need to declare "husband and husband" Why?
Is there any reason other to tick real biological families off?

I never delved into this, but it really does look like you're boasting defiance with revenge in mind, or at heart.

Do you even consider the unintended potential future consequences for all the other 95% of homosexuals who don't want to put themselves into that defiant position? or just don't care?

In any case, yes, Palermo would be right for you guys.

I cannot believe this response on so many levels. If they are married, yes, he is referring to his husband. Everyone on this site refers to their marriages, and gay marriage is legal in many countries, so there is every reason to believe this couple is legally married.
There was nothing political about this original post, so why make it political? The OP was obviously sharing some things about his life, so if you have some advice to offer about Buenos Aires and what you know that might help them get settled, do it. Otherwise, keep on clicking.
Welcome to the site, Steven and Steve. If you are looking in the future for an amazing Spanish tutor, call Adriana Crom. If you search this site, you will find many raves about her. She teaches in her apartment in Recoleta, and is reasonable, reliable and very talented. Her email is [email protected] and phone number is 4814-0792.

Back